Swapping to a GSXR 1000 rear wheel some Sprocket/Rotor questions

John V

Registered
I would like to set the bike up for drag racing, so I would like to do a -1/(+3/+4 on the rear)

So when choosing my rear sprocket do I go up from what the 1000 sprocket is stock? So up from 42 (I believe stock for a 1000) to a 46 for +4?

Or would I use the Hayabusa number? So 40 stock? then 43 for a +3?

I am also assuming I would use a 1000 sprocket as well. I am also planning on using the Hayabusa rotor, if I am mistaken I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know! thanks :bowdown:

I would like to set the bike up for drag racing, so I would like to do a -1/(+3/+4 on the rear)

So when choosing my rear sprocket do I go up from what the 1000 sprocket is stock? So up from 42 (I believe stock for a 1000) to a 46 for +4?

Or would I use the Hayabusa number? So 40 stock? then 43 for a +3?

I am also assuming I would use a 1000 sprocket as well. I am also planning on using the Hayabusa rotor, if I am mistaken I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know! thanks :bowdown:

you would go off of what the bike came with factory not what the wheel has. the rim diameter is the same so it not like the rim itself is changing the ratio. just go up from what the busa had and thats where you want to be.

Back