Suzuki will not be able to assist you any further

bug_n_67

Registered
I would like any feedback or ideas from anyone about this.I have had a problem with false neutral between 5th and 6th with my 2003 busa. I've been in touch with the dealer about this and received a email back that just doesn't sit will with me.They stated "It is my understanding that Suzuki will not be able to assist you any further with your problem".Is that it,I buy a new bike and now they won't do any thing about it.Any ideas guys.Feel like I'm getting the shaft.They did say if I wanted to dish out the money that a shift star might help,any one using one of these.

do a search on the this site and you'll find alot of people including myself have that false neutreal problem
its very comman
and suzuki dont have a remady for it

I had alot of those too. After some time and mental adjustments, it doesn't happen anymore.

Dude you gotta shift it hard. What I did was lower the shift lever 1 notch, so I don't have to raise the left foot up as high. Its easy, one 10mm bolt. Very few false neutrals now. Hope this helps, Bill

As stated, many of us have experienced this. As a matter of fact it is a problem inherrent in the ratchet shifting, drum and fork transmission used in all motorcycles. I have experienced false neutrals between gears on many bikes.

The only fix is to shift like you mean it. A sharp (not hard!) snap should do it.

Good luck.

Yeah Man, Suzuki will no longer be able to help you is a pretty crappy way of saying don't sweat it. The 5-6 falsie is a bugger but it is really common before your initial service. Since my initial service it has not been a problem.

Take off the panties...Foot it like you mean it and adjust your shifter per Busafever's recommendations... You should be good to go.
biggrin.gif

This shifting problem happens to everyone but that is a crappy letter to send out. Talk about a bad taste in your mouth. Sometimes these guys make it hard to be loyal. Lucky thing the bike is kickass or they would get an ass kicking.
rock.gif

In addition to all this, try changing to synthetic oil. My whole system got smoother. I use Silkolene 20-50 racing.
thumbs-up.gif

Yes that was a B.S. letter to a B.S.problem kind of like I have got your money "NOW GO AWAY" but that's what it usually does goes away after you get some miles on it some sooner than others (some not at all) But I know it should not be there in the first place you can lower your shifter so you don't have to raise your foot as high or you could hold the shifter up when going from 5th to 6th until you have let the clutch all the way out and you know it is in gear and then let your foot down. Just a few suggestions I hope yours goes away and soon. Everybody has it or had it at one time or another!

Yes that was a B.S. letter to a B.S.problem kind of like I have got your money "NOW GO AWAY" but that's what it usually does goes away after you get some miles on it some sooner than others (some not at all) But I know it should not be there in the first place you can lower your shifter so you don't have to raise your foot as high or you could hold the shifter up when going from 5th to 6th until you have let the clutch all the way out and you know it is in gear and then let your foot down.  Just a few suggestions I hope yours goes away and soon.  Most of us have it or had it at one time or another!

on another note bug, when stock busa tranny gears are finally messed up from the mis-shifts happening too much on the track, we get them 'back-cut'. makes for a seamless migration. if you are so worried about your shifting, spend the money and get your gears back-cut.

<!--EDIT|cache
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073857699 -->

it would be nice if you responded on all these board but you just make a post and never answer no wonder Suzuki doesn't want to help you NEITHER DO I

Had it happen to me also, but this board fixed my problem, took advice given here (shift like you mean it) and hasn't happened since, as a matter of fact, it's been so long since it was a problem, I don't even think of it anymore.

Love my 'Busa !!

Back