Shifting with no clutch

bug_n_67

Registered
As I have had problems with the false neutral between 5th and 6th and Suzuki states that the bike is fine,I wanted to know if shifting 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th with out using the clutch is okay.The dealer said that it was fine to do it. Shifting with out using the clutch works great,I have never hit a false neutral doing it this way.So I just want to know from anyone if this is okay to do with out problems down the road.I did install a shift star which did help but did not rid the problem.2003 Hayabus 1900km

It is fine to shift with no clutch. You will not have false neutrals after a few oil changes anyway. Shift more pronounced (harder) when you shift from 5th to 6th.

No sweat like Ninja said, just be certain to properly "Unload" while shifting... If your getting any crunchies, your off a little bit...

Definately get off the gas when you shift.

But shift it like you mean it. I've had a couple O problems with it as well. It's my fault tho.

You have to put some pressure on the shift lever before you let off throttle and be sure to put some oomph in your shifts. You will be fine, just takes some practice

FWIW, when you're really on the gas, shifting without the clutch actually causes less wear on the engine and transmission.

Back