Suzuki is not a motorcycle company

I find it interesting to find different engines used in things..

When I was in Bosnia years ago, there were fire pumps using BMW R750 engines, when we were conducting some winter warfare we were issued Arctic Cats which had Suzuki engines...

We were using some RIB boats and they had Suzuki outboards on them..

When we did some training in Ft Irwin, there were some civilian patrols using Suzuki SUVs...and they absolutely loved them...

I just found it interesting is all...

When I was in Bosnia years ago, there were fire pumps using BMW R750 engines, when we were conducting some winter warfare we were issued Arctic Cats which had Suzuki engines...

When we did some training in Ft Irwin, there were some civilian patrols using Suzuki SUVs...and they absolutely loved them...

Suzuki made the engines for all of Artic-Cats atvs for many years.
Suzukis suv's go incredibly well off road too, as I have ridden in and driven several.
They also jump really well(and land intact)
lmao

I think there is more to Suzuki and it's lack of participation in the motorcycles then just what this article talks about. Yamaha, Honda and Kawasaki all have big investments in other industries not related to motorcycling. I wonder if the KTM numbers include Gas Gas and Husqvarna? At this point in offroad, motocross and supercross the Husqvarna's and Gas Gas bikes are KTM's just painted different colors, literally. It's all very sad to see regardless.

This, I believe is where it all went wrong for Suzuki. The ill fated "VW/Suzuki Alliance" from 2009 and VW totally screwed them over! Then Suzuki took them to court and tried to get them sell back their ~20% stake, it was long winded and the toll it took on Suzuki is still being felt to this day. But I could be wrong...

Where it all started.
FtBUAN6XsAAcdfj?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

The Suzuki vitara was a tough and reliable small suv that was loved by many back home. Their Suzuki jimny is a cool little off-roader and they are everywhere in Mexico and other countries. I was sad to see that they had made a modern replacement for the Suzuki samurai and that it would never make it to the US since they no longer sell cars in the US.

Yeah, I knew their car sales were big outside of the U.S, but it's interesting to see the numbers.
I didn't know their marine engine sales were as big either.
Depending which country you go to, those small cars will cost you more than a mid sized sedan. Where fuel prices are high, Toyota vitz, Kia picanto, Suzuki swift, Nissan Mach and others are the go to vehicles to get around without spending you income on fuel and still stay dry, have air conditioner and be better protected than on a scooter. When I moved here in 2005, it was interesting to see scooter rental businesses where people got them to ride around as a hobby. For many countries a scooter is part of your daily life. I grew up sorrounded by Yamaha chappy, Yamaha jog and Honda cubs. Back in those days, if you had a 125cc motorcycle, you were the man! :rofl:

Take me back to 2007 when the sport bike craze was in full swing. Bike nights everywhere, tv shows and much more.
I listened to stories from the old timers from their youth in the late '50s and '60s where the car culture was booming....

The essence of "American Graffiti."

Now there are no car shows and the car culture is a mere shadow of what it was. I guess bikes are going in that direction.

It seems that motorcycles is an after thought for a few makers, I was introduced to Hondas thru bikes and quads as a kid and then their cars as I got older and have a lot of respect for how long and well built they are. I've dealt with kawi for years with their small engines in the mowers and such that I've worked on for a living but it wasn't until I went to some of the classes that learned that their big money maker was engines on ships where the cylinders are so big you can walk around in them. Long before I owned the busa I had a thing for suzuki tho I loved all the bikes and quads I came across as well as the cars. I still would like to have an old samurai lifted up for playing in the mud and for some reason always wanted a Suzuki sidekick (geo tracker) when I was a youngster and I've seen a few videos lately of one that got built with a turbo and some other cool stuff that made me want one all over again.

Back