Suzuki Demo Ride.

trekfuel

Registered
Saturday May 30/09 I was asked to help at a small demo day at the Local Suzuki Dealer. Mr. X called and asked if i would follow each group on my busa. The dealer had a small line-up of new Suzukis ..
M109R
M90
C50
1250 Bandit abs
650 Vstrom
BKing
Mr.X Lead each of the groups on an 18 minute loop to the South of London.
The loop offered a time to get to know each of the bike a little....{SW Ontario road lacking the Twisties} . Interest was high and most group had all 6 +2 busas on the road.
I had the chance to try out the BKing and was very impressed with the handleing... believe it would make a great "city bike". It fell into the corners quite easy and very smooth throttle responce. Later in the day got on the M109R {this time with stock pipes} and felt very comfortable...Amazing torque on the big twin....would drag that 240 using engine break no problem. Also rode the 1250 Bandit... Very light nibble bike.. power band seemed to be at the upper end and short but peppy. Not the grunt of the busa. Lacking a litte refinement in overall part quality.
Overall it was a very busy day taking an estimated 15 loops...Interest was high.. Few bike where sold.
Pic added is location , Mr.X and Trekfuel, Couple of Young sales staff and the line up.
Thanks Mr. X.... Fun was had by all..{NOT one incedent.}

The word is that Suzuki Canada is bring a complete line-up of bike to London in a couple weeks.. I look forward to hopping on one of dem dar liter bikes and the Gen II busa.

saturday 002.jpg

saturday 009.jpg

saturday 008.jpg

saturday 001.jpg

saturday 003.jpg

saturday 004.jpg

saturday 005.jpg

saturday 006.jpg

saturday 007.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool :) Must have a good rep there to be invited to do that for them :thumbsup:

I have heard that part about the actual ability to sell bikes with a test ride.. Seems some makers have even discontinued demo/test ride programs at major events because of the lousy ROI.. I think what they may be missing is they could be served by a program that introduces "new riders" to the sport.. The test rides only target "established" riders.. I have yet to take a test ride that would sway me to buy a bike except for 1... HD, the big Vtwin is just so far from everything else it sort of tugs at your purse strings :)

I have bought quite a few Motorcycles from this Family business over a span of 35 years.
They have aways treated me fairly..
They have come a long way based on customer first policies.
:thumbsup:

Cool Lonnie, Thanks for the pics, if everyone had a chance to ride a B-King they would sell alot more of them, because they are an awesome bike.

Back