Suzuki closing plants...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Temporary - "The OEM's manufacturing facilities are roughly 150 miles south of Tokyo and did not receive any direct effects from the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, Bortolamedi said. The facilities are complying with the rolling power blackouts across Japan in order to conserve energy, he noted.

SMC will need to cope with getting its employees back to work, he said. The nation's transportation system is disrupted, and employees who have loved ones near the epicenter may need time away from work to attend to personal matters.

The following facilities are closed until at least March 21:

* Takatsuka - motorcycle engine assembly and machining
* Toyokawa - motorcycle and outboard motor assembly
* Iwata - multipurpose vehicle and commercial vehicle assembly
* Kosai - passenger car assembly
* Osuka - foundry

"Suzuki Motor Corporation expresses heartfelt sympathy to those affected by the earthquake in Japan," the company stated on its global website. The OEM announced it had donated 30 million yen (about $375,000) to the Japanese Red Cross for the relief and recovery effort from the March 11 earthquake and tsunami."

Somewhat related - The Japanese Grand Prix at Motegi " MotoGP race " originally scheduled on April 24th, has been postponed to October 2nd .

We need to worry more about our own plants here!
Anyone want to take a guess at what the percent of content of Japanese parts our American cars have ?
The transmission on the Lincoln Mkz I sell is made in Japan.
Approx 2% of the parts in Ford cars cross the spectrum are Japanese parts.
GM has already shut down a plant and more are on the way.
Ford will soon follow suit as well as others. Come summer everybody's lots are gonna be empty. If your looking for a new car no matter the make you better get it now cuz soon they will be scarce and hard to come by.

Motorcycles are in the same boat already. I have been told there was a local run on the used bike shop and he sold a boatload of bikes last weekend. It had already gotten busier because it's Spring and high gas prices, but this is the icing on the cake.

If you are trying to sell any bikes, this is a GREAT TIME. I am thinking about putting my Harley up and seeing what I can get for it. I hate to sell it, but I hardly ever ride it anymore...

Back