Suzuki and Aprilia

beaquel

Registered
Two of my riding buddies have Aprilia Tuono's. They are very trick bikes. Another guy at work just bought a new Aprilia Shiver 750. I sat on it and it was super comfortable. I have a sneaking suspicion the standard/naked segment is going to continue to expand. There are just too many examples of good ones out there for people to ignore for much longer. The segment dominates in Europe. I think it's only a matter of time...

IMG_4458.jpg

I had an '01 Ducati Monster, and, believe it or not, it was not as comfortable as the 'Busa. The seat was shaped to look nice, but I couldn't sit on it for more than an hour. The V-Twin had great torque and a nice sound, but the bike would shake you to death after a long ride. That said, I still like "naked" bikes, and the Aprilia is a beauty.

The last time the Cycle World international motorcycle show came to St. Louis, I didn't have a motorcycle yet, so I had no previous bias. When I walked out the door, I had the distinct impression the FZ1 ('02) was the most comfortable bike I had ever sat on. When I went to the Aprilia dealer where my buddy bought his new Shiver 750, I reset my expectations that the Shiver is now my #1 most comfortable bike ergonomically. I think the worst downside to the standard/naked class is their typical lack of windscreen. I know there are plenty of exceptions to that rule, and you can always add an aftermarket one. Other than that, the whole genre of bikes is pretty cool, mostly raw and primitive. More go, less show.

Back