B-king

boofhead

Registered
Hi,

Just a brief rundown, been riding 15yrs (last 6yrs exclusively on track with an Aprilia RSV4) haven't ridden on the road in that time. Moved to a new country (radar detectors are legal here so fkn yay) and so I finally have an itch to get back on the road. All my life I've been riding super sports and want a naked for some more comfort and riding ergonomics.

I'm viewing a 2008 B-King tonight with 26k miles on it. Wanted to know if there is anything I need to look out for ?

Thanks

Pretty darn bulletproof, just like a gen2 Hayabusa. Plastics are expensive and hard to find, so make sure those are in good condition. If you need anything, I have large boxes of extra parts.
It's been dropped and has some scratches on the tail. I should of mentioned I'm 250lb in leathers, so presumably need to respring the forks and shock ? What are the brakes like for such a heavy bike ?

It's been dropped and has some scratches on the tail. I should of mentioned I'm 250lb in leathers, so presumably need to respring the forks and shock ? What are the brakes like for such a heavy bike ?
Yes, you will have to respring the front forks, the rear shock should be ok....

Depending on what's been done, brakes can always stand to be better....

Are any mods done to it already?

it has had an ecu flash and a leovince slipon, other than that I think its stock. I was reading you can do an airbox mod on these, but I doubt he has done that, its been a tourer from my brief convo with the guy.

:race:
BKing is more like a Tuono ~ and yes I own an RSV4 as well *

Regarding the brakes comment, we talking discs, pads, master cylinder ? doing that on a super sport that isn't gonna see a track is over kill, but with the weight of these things I'm not sure ?

Regarding the brakes comment, we talking discs, pads, master cylinder ? doing that on a super sport that isn't gonna see a track is over kill, but with the weight of these things I'm not sure ?
Perhaps ride it and see if it works for you.....that's what I'd do.....you might find it's good.

I changed out lines, discs, pads, calipers and MC on my Gen 2.....it stops when I want it to....they are heavy....

Coming from an RSV4 that has all of the above, it won't be good to me lol. But then again it won't be on the track, so it could be ?
I don't know why I'm carrying on like I already own it, but the rate I'm going I will.

:race:
BKing is more like a Tuono ~ and yes I own an RSV4 as well *
Yeah they are great track bikes

signal-2024-01-22-20-07-42-221.jpg

I had a B-king, great bike, ok brakes.
They have a Nissin front master cylinder, which is better than what the Gen2 Busa has, but still not fantastic.
I would still do pads and lines, better mc if you can.
Some B-kings have ABS too(mine was not)...which is probably as wooden as the Busa's, lol

Also, if you have no airbox mod, then you may have the B-king bin file in the ecu flash.
Or, the Busa bin file with ram-air compensation turned off.
Either way, the ram-air mod is easy enough.
The B-king has a much smaller airbox than the Busa, and struggles to breath.
If the butterfly valve in the stock midpipe is still there, you can disconnect it's servo cables, and it's springs will hold it in it's most open position(B-king ecu flash can do this as well), or remove the valve plate from the midpipe altogether.
Most full gen2 exhausts bolt right up as well, to eliminate the catalytic converter.

welcome to the org

I had a B-king, great bike, ok brakes.
They have a Nissin front master cylinder, which is better than what the Gen2 Busa has, but still not fantastic.
I would still do pads and lines, better mc if you can.
Some B-kings have ABS too(mine was not)...which is probably as wooden as the Busa's, lol

Also, if you have no airbox mod, then you may have the B-king bin file in the ecu flash.
Or, the Busa bin file with ram-air compensation turned off.
Either way, the ram-air mod is easy enough.
The B-king has a much smaller airbox than the Busa, and struggles to breath.
If the butterfly valve in the stock midpipe is still there, you can disconnect it's servo cables, and it's springs will hold it in it's most open position(B-king ecu flash can do this as well), or remove the valve plate from the midpipe altogether.
Most full gen2 exhausts bolt right up as well, to eliminate the catalytic converter.

welcome to the org
a full system will be the last thing I look at, but good to know the Gen 2 bolts straight on. I'll probably just res-pring the front, change pads, put a black screen on it, bar end mirrors and a quickshifter for now, maybe +2 on the rear.

after all these years riding sport bikes, I can see why these are appealing. So comfortable, and torquey, but for sure I need to drop a tooth on the front or +2 on the rear. Also is it common when giving it full gas at about 80mph for these things to give a bit of a head shake once they hit 120+ ? Also does the speedo on these things read on the high side ? I was indicating 150, but felt slower

after all these years riding sport bikes, I can see why these are appealing. So comfortable, and torquey, but for sure I need to drop a tooth on the front or +2 on the rear. Also is it common when giving it full gas at about 80mph for these things to give a bit of a head shake once they hit 120+ ? Also does the speedo on these things read on the high side ? I was indicating 150, but felt slower

No, the headshake is from improperly set suspension, and/or incorrect tire pressure or tire(s) wearing poorly.
The speedometer should only be around 5 mph fast, but a Speedohealer from Heal-Tech can be set for any sprocket and tire size, and will keep the speedometer within +/- 1 mph by gps.
The wind really beats you up at speed on the B-king, with basically no wind protection, but the bike will still handle glass smooth to top speed.
As for a -1 front or +2 or +3 rear, I do that to all my bikes, including my B-King, but the Busa bin file will really wake it up at lower rpms too.

Back