There is a new kid on the block for me.

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Dont get me wrong, I have Hayabusa in my DNA, that said, I've purchased the most amazing motorcycle and that amazing seems to double every time I ride this thing....2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure. A buddy of mine loaned me his BMW R1200GS for two weeks and I almost pulled the trigger on one....until I rode a 1290 SA! It does it all, handles twisties like a 450 pound bike, comfortable, stops well, and is SO ADJUSTABLE for both my mood and the type of terrain I'm riding on/in. I'm really looking forward to a 10 day camping trip, fully self contained, way into back country (probably Canadian Rockies). There's a bunch of guys here in Reno that ride these big Adventure Tourers on these long trips of exploration and one of them is a friend of mine so.....it just seemed that in my retirement year, I should delve into this special and relatively recent growing segment of our sport (Adventure Touring). I hope my Busa brothers and sisters dont mind me sharing these experiences on the Org. in the future! Doyle

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Looking forward to reading about your adventures!! Nice looking bike, ready for some serious adventure touring!!

Back