Suspension setup

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
I know this has probably been covered but I can not find anything specific.

I weigh 165lbs maybe 170ish with gear. Does anyone know how I should set my suspension for optimal handling in curves? Is the stock setting good enough? Bike is lowered 2" in the rear and 1.25" up front. Had to lower so I could reach the ground well enough. (tip toes just was not cool in several situations)

Any help is appreciated.

P.S. I already tried gaining weight, just not happening
sad.gif

oh yeah?? keep coming to the events, we'll fatten ya up
laugh.gif

seriously, I have no clue, but one day I hope to have to figure that out
blush.gif

Appreciate it, Brian.
biggrin.gif

Drinking protien shake as I type
drink.gif

heh, screw the protien shakes.... getchu some brat burgers
cool.gif
that will put some meat on your bones
biggrin.gif

I know this has probably been covered but I can not find anything specific.

I weigh 165lbs maybe 170ish with gear. Does anyone know how I should set my suspension for optimal handling in curves? Is the stock setting good enough? Bike is lowered 2" in the rear and 1.25" up front. Had to lower so I could reach the ground well enough. (tip toes just was not cool in several situations)

Any help is appreciated.

P.S. I already tried gaining weight, just not happening  
sad.gif
I think I can help ya out...

here's "something specific"...enjoy.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Thanks Bill,

Now I just have to read the thread maybe 20 times and I might be able to do this
thumbs-up.gif

tpbio,
It was great riding with you! Thanks for taking the pics, even if your subject matter was butt-ugly.

Do yourself a favor, and talk to the guys at Traxxion Dynamics (www.traxxion.com). I messed around with suspension all day long, and could never get it right.

At the very least, I highly recommend getting your front forks revalved/resprung. This made a huge difference for me. It may be the case that the rear spring is too soft, but the rear shock is pretty much junk if you're trying to get to the next level.

Consider the Elka (I have the triple adjustable), but the Traxxion guys will tell you how you should set the bike up. Since you're relatively close, I would bring your bike to them, and have them do the work with you on the bike. I think vman1300 did that.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but I'll go to Traxxion for any bike I ever buy.

Good luck!

Hey, Thanks Alan. It was great riding with you too. Do you think you will make the Fall Bash?

I will contact Traxxion and start from there.

there's a suspension group buy running right now, PM KS Waterbug
cool.gif

Lowered 2" in the rear and up 1.25 in the front?

I'd suggest you don't take any corner over 60 mph? That thing will bite you!

Most track bikes are raised in the rear slightly. My son just put his new race bike on the track and I think he told me it was raised 4mm in the rear?

Do yourself a favor and seek professional help if you want your bike to perform well. Everybody is a suspension expert but it's you who gets to do the crash test. I use GP Suspension when I have questions.

You usually find suspension guys at most track days and they are always anxoious to help the novist set their suspension. Guys who do suspension for a living can set it up for you in a few minutes. Not a long process.

Back