suspension probs

mwickins

Registered
Hi all,

I recently had a bit of a tinker with my suspension settings as I found the standard settings a little sloppy. I used the following recommendation but, did not bother to adjust the rear sag:

Front
Preload 2.5 lines showing
Compression Out 2 clicks
Rebound Out 2 clicks

Rear
Preload 1.25inches of sag
Compression Out 5 clicks
Rebound Out 7 clicks

I've noticed that the bike handles pretty sweetly now but I have one major problem - it feels as if I am leaning on my wrists a lot more and I ache a lot after long rides. I am sure that the bike has dropped at the front end as my balls are now crushed up against the tank rather than sitting comfortably half an inch away (I basically slide forward and on more than one occasion the meat and two veg has had a pretty hard knock - with the wife wanting more kids, I can't afford for this to happen too often!).

Does anyone have any advice on this one? Does messing around with the suspension settings alter ride height (I thought this could only be altered by lowering with a triple tree at the front and dogbones at the rear).

Do I need to bring the rear down slightly to give a more comfortable position but maintain the handling and if so, how do I do this without the need for replacing dogbones etc.

Any help appreciated

M

First off, TMI about your Balls and junk....
Second, suspention is the most complex system on the bike.
Call Traxxion Dynamics for the optimal set-up.
TraxxionDynamics.com

For your wrist, use your back muscles(asumming you don't have back injuries) to hold your weight off your wrists. It takes conditioning and practice. Practice every time you can think of it.

Back