Surprised nobody at the DNC noticed this?

My party? Until this year my "party" was a republican. But the disgusting asshats that make up the current repub party make me want to scratch my own eye balls out. No my party is unaffiliated.

I wonder why none of the media ever talks about the money both party's spend on themselves... Theirs retirement plans and benefit packages. I bet their involvement in the healthcare debates would be different if they actually had to look at it the way the rest of us do.

Given that Congress passes laws that they immediately waiver themselves for, I suspect you already know the answer to that.

I'll be we could agree on Term limits (12 years for Congress) and that, once out of office, they have to play by the same rules as you and me....

Just your description of "blue" is a looking glass into your unwillingness to compromise or see the scene from a perspective other than your own. I, too, have had "considerable thought on the subject" and can say it's been a heck of a lot more openminded than yours....based on what you just said. "group hug, punish business, etc." hardly shows any willingness to move off a position. I guess you think inflexibility and rigidity are strengths....you're not alone on the extreme right.

So lets hear your perspective, I am very open minded. We need a plan.

Yes the country is polarized and there seems to be no middle ground, politicians aside, there are two schools of thought that are simply exclusive of one another. Red: Take care of business, create jobs, create paychecks, create demand, buy stuff, create factory and service demands on said business, a healthy circle of growth that also lets us manage global affairs from a position of strength. Blue: Group hug, punish business, give money, let the next generation worry about it, and trust in the UN to take care of us.

My considerable thought on the subject just does not reveal any middle ground. What are we to do "half way"? More like a fork in the road, one path or the other. :banghead:

Just your description of "blue" is a looking glass into your unwillingness to compromise or see the scene from a perspective other than your own. I, too, have had "considerable thought on the subject" and can say it's been a heck of a lot more openminded than yours....based on what you just said. "group hug, punish business, etc." hardly shows any willingness to move off a position. I guess you think inflexibility and rigidity are strengths....you're not alone on the extreme right.

And you my friend are not alone on the extreme left. Correct me if I am wrong but I have yet to see you compromise on a single far left issue.

I thought Stormbusa was nuts on with his post. The country is divided pretty much right down the middle for 95% of the population (I'm happy to say I'm part of the 5%). I think you agree. I also agree with Stormbusa that the direction of this country depends on which fork in the road the country takes in November. Even the our president has chosen to take the road of "No Compromise". He openly stated that his biggest mistake of his first term was to engage with Republicans on compromise. He says that won't happen in his second term.

Now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The Republicans are not giving up the house and have a real shot at making Harry Reid the minority leader in the senate. If that happens and the president refuses to compromise guess what, we have another four years of GRIDLOCK stacked onto the past two. Stacking one bad decision on top of another rarely has a good outcome.

Remember your military days "United we stand, divided we fall"?

The Russian aircraft carrier with u.s. planes photoshopped on it is no big deal. Compared with what is coming out of the mouths of the participants, that is. The wasted time and money on these elections is incredible. All the effort to put some Lawyer in charge of, well, anything. It's no surprise that people take shots at one another here just like people take shots at each other during these elections. It seems as though people can't stop talking about THEMSELVES long enough to listen anyway.

Where does the fiscal conservative with socially liberal ideals vote?

Who does the Russian aircraft carrier with U.S. warplanes attack?

What side of the garage does the 32 ford with a chevy engine park on?

Whats more important, god or Allah? Mohammed or Jesus?

If I choose not to decide, have I made a choice? lol!

If you have children and you've ever told someone without kids that they don't know what it's like, cause they don't have children. Then you know what these politicians are feeling as they stand up their spouting/talking/pontificating. Speaking to us poor folk without kids. We just don't know how hard it is.

Blanca thinks yes if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

You can choose from phantom fears, I choose FREE WILL :)

Back