Supersport shoe tread

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I jsut discovered the difference tween "Touring" shoes and "Super sport" or "Hyper sport" shoes:

Better grip!

The hypersport tennis shoes stick well at all lean angles, generally wear faster but stick on any surface - carpet, wood, tiled etc, but are too bright and wild looking for the workplace most of the time.

Touring shoes, have nice black leather and hold up nicely on the day to day office action, but usally have that leather sole with zero traction on carpet so heading to the copier is usually an experiment in indoor "Drift" style walking. You know what I'm talking about. Yeah you do!

Today I'm wearing sort of a hybrid sport leather with a large patch of SLICK rubber on the bottom under the toe-ball area. Heat up is fine, grip is again excellent on all surfaces and it has the look of the typical leather professional business man. In Maroon to boot! Nice.

I have plenty of other leather shoes that don't have the grip strip, but after today, I am seriously considering that after market mod of a stick on rubber traction pad.

Today I'm wearing a Florsheim model basic tieable shoe, and having a ball railing the corners in my office. usually, my daily walk arounds are a harsh experience of fear and worry weather I'll make that next turn or if I will highside or lowside by the coffee machine in front of a bunch of peers.

I wonder if Pirelli makes any shoes?

Check your shoe tread. Could make all the difference your enjoyment in the sport of office navigation.

57155715_medium.jpg

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: "one of these days Alice, BAM! right in the typo"|1149183282 -->

ROTFL

OK I got the new Office gig going and even as "Art Director"
(insert booming voice) I get to wear Jeans, t-shirts, and whatever.

SO, I've been wearing some Dual Sports lately. Good in the wet and dry, all conditions, all terrain. Quick warm up with slightly above average wear on the streets but their stability and traction in the wet more than make up for it.

Salomon: Men's XA Pro 3D Running Shoe - Race-ready performance keeps your feet close to the ground without wearing thin on comfort....

Meticulously engineered for racing on and off road, Salomon's innovative and lightweight XA Pro 3D running shoe utilizes a patented 3D chassis technology. The 3D Advanced Chassis controls lateral shift to help protect your ankles while a progressive lateral flexion gives you the same impact protection and stability found in running shoes with higher and heavier EVA midsoles.

...patented Running Contagripâ„¢ keeps you periodically in touch with the earth through forefoot flex grooves, innovative braking lugs and an all-conditions racing tread. If you take competition seriously, Salomon's XA Pro 3D takes you to a new level in control and performance.

* Breathable sandwich mesh upper with synthetic reinforcements and gusseted tongue
* Salomon TPU molded Sensifitâ„¢ helps cradle foot over an ergonomic EVA midsole for optimum control
* Convenient Quickfitâ„¢ lacing system with easy gliding eyelet inserts and lace pocket
* Antimicrobial Ortholite® sock liner with breathable open cell design
* Durable protective toe cap, heel cap and mud guard
* Racing-oriented Advanced Chassisâ„¢ design for support and control
* Reliable high traction Running Contagripâ„¢ patented outsole
* Weight: 14.3 oz. (405 g.) per shoe in men's size 9

Advanced materials abound, lots of breathable materials and kevlar. Really shine out in the trails, work great.

Made by Salomon, with a wicked cool Lace mechanism. WOW, They are like Batmans Shoes...

Seriously comfortable and great for a hike with the wife.

They are REAL Serious about these thing...
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149181608 -->

shoes.jpg

hahahahah rev! Man, that's way more mods than are on my Busa!

I her Ducati makes a show that has SWEEEEET Italian design, but sort of lacks performance compared to some Japanese shoes ;)

LTCs baby! The Leather Troop Carriers are great for off road action. I prefer the optional steel toe style for when those trips to the copier go horribly wrong.

They shine up real nice and quick by applying them to the seat of an unruly airman or 2nd Lt. (thats an AF butter bar O-1) that has "all the answers".

LTC1.JPG

I forgot to mention chicken strips.. oh yeah... I have none on these shoes. Walked all the way to the edges in them
smile.gif

Hrmm, I still have some bit of chicken Strip left on the Salomon's. I tell ya though they really are pretty tough, lightweight and the most comfy shoes i think I have ever owned.

As for the LTC's, I've burned through a bunch of those. One of my favorites were the advanced desert boots. The Tan with Tan soles, made of Suede. Yeah don't mess with my Tan suede Boots. Good traction in the sand, light enough not to make a hot situation worse.

Corcoran though, they still make my favorite LTC, Comfy, will hold a good shine, good soft tread, and tough eyelets...
thumbs-up.gif

Back