Supercharged Hayabusa 08

Too bad it has to stick out so much, and hang down so low. I wouldn't want my filter that close to the ground and unprotected.

The Big CC Supercharger system uses a US made Procharger supercharger unit instead of the Rotrex. Boost pressure for boost pressure we have found it to be more rewarding. It is gear driven rather than oil driven which makes it whine like a charger. If that is a bad thing i dont know but most people actually like the sound.

It uses a turn ratio of 4.7 to 1 rather than 10 to 1 & so uses a much bigger impeller to compensate hence the bigger body but the plus side is a cooler inlet charge to the plenum hence better efficiency.

There are several other differences in the way of tensioning with a 3rd wheel & larger bore up pipe & plenum & much wider belt etc to give more grip on the pulleys. That though you can see in the pictures. :whistle:

Below is a comparison at 10 psi between the 2 chargers... Rotrex & Procharger. The Procharger was 30bhp more efficient. Air fuel & engine specs were the same. (red graph also had cams fitted) :whistle:

Procharger%20v%20Rotrex.bmp

Filter wise its actually pretty difficult to ground out but its also possible to re route the flter elsewhere if you dont like it low slung. What we did not want to do was compromise the inlet diameter from the charger to the filter hence the work effort in the tight radius's

DSC00946.JPG

Regards pulleys at the side of the engine, you can always try putting them to the front :thumbsup:

not the procharger but still sounds good

- Hayabusa Bastard SUPERCHARGED!![/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't find the guy or his thread(s) but he joined up last month and gave some great shots of the bike.

In regards to the bigCC procharger; how much boost is that? And if I were to take am '08, space it and drop SS valves and stiff springs in, how much more psi could I run?

I have a brother in the UK who lives close to Big CC. He is taking his Gixxer 7/11 to them to get it dyno'd. If he or I can be of any assistance, just holla.....

There is nothing like a belt driven supercharged engine for instant throttle response. What a thrill!:thumbsup:

One or two guys I have known over the years with them have reportedly been extremely happy with installation and total performance. I have lost track of who those were. Most were
icon2.gif
TTS Suzuki Hayabusa Supercharger . Is that the kit you would be installing? It sticks out a little, you have to cut the fairing,, but so do you on a turbo,, so what, right? :laugh:
SuperMontage.jpg

I Thing i know this Bike

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/turbo/113546-my-haya-compressor-dragbike-build-stock.html

i just got this months issue of super streetbike in the mail, on page 84 theres a naked 08 busa sporting a big cc charger with a built motor and its only putting down 281hp!? for the money this guy put into his motor i.e. low compression 1365cc motor with all the cams and goodies to go with it, hed have so much more power if he just went with big cc's stage II turbo kit ??? what gives

I have to speak out for all superchargers, They will never make the power a turbo make! Given the same parameters. They have what I call usable power. Which makes them more ride-able
Look at the times I can do in the 1/4 mile, compare them with a turbo and I bet they are making more hp to do the same e.t.

As far as numbers, it makes 310-320 ish to the rear wheel when a lock up clutch was installed. No intercooler or water injection. It rarely sees a dyno because we tune by data logging.
We have an intake cam on the ex, which is being replaced with a stock cam now, we believe the 2 intakes hurt the power. drop in je turbo pistons, hd valve springs, good rods, bigger injectors and fuel pump.

They are very easy to ride, nothing different from a regular bike except a lot more power! This one is a little intimidating but the street version is smooth, and fast. This one came in with an already 2 mil bore, all we did was put in turbo pistons and he opted for turbo cams, nothing else and it made 256 to the rear wheel.

Thanks!

Pet Busa small 1.JPG

Back