Supercharge

Tris

Registered
Hi. I'm thinking of supercharging my 'busa. I'm told, that while performance is the same as a turbo, supercharging is better than a turbo in both handling and reliability. Has anyone done the same thing and can offer any advice. Thanks.

you have talked to the wrong people... there are many more turbos out there that run good and reliable so turbos are sort of a safer bet because of all the testing with them. Also the other good part on the turbo side is the fact that low RPMs are like a stock controlable bike. but it would be good either way. if you don't just want to be different then go TURBO, that is the only benefit of a supercharger... the torque low end you might make extra will be unusable, and then you will loose a little overall because of the 10 to 15 percent robbing factor of the charger. but what ever you do it will be great, I have a turbo and could not see it either way... good luck and this is the right place to ask any questions cause there are some bright people on this site and a lot of joint experience.

Supercharger cost more and overall can't make as much power without alot more expense not to mention more modififications. i have a RCC stage 1 turbo and recently took it for a ride in on some very cury hill roads and i had no issues with it. As long as you get it tuned right and such you should have no issues with it at all.

I've never had a blown or turbocharged vehicle. Blowers are immediate, no spin up, and aren't anywhere near as hot as a turbo. Don't know about price or expense of additional mods. I would do my own research on this one. I have read a lot of turbo bikes in here with issues. That might just be a matter of installation or tune.

Back