Super low gearing?

ECC Prez

Registered
Guys, I live here in eastern NC and all we have around here is 1/8 mile tracks. My father actually owns one called Outer Banks Speedway. Needless to say, I get alot of seat time in on my 02 Busa. I am 12 over with a basically stock motor with the exception of a Muzzy Sidewinder, exhaust cam, custom mapping and air filter. I run 16/43 gearing and have an MPS full auto shifter. I have some guys that come out there on 12's and 11's that are geared super low and have really good ET's. I was wondering how low I could go and still be beneficial in the eigth? I dont care about MPH, Just ET and winning races. Lemme know what ya think?
-Bobby

with you being so long, depending on your weight, i would say go 1 down in the front. see how that feels and then try 1 down in the back. if you're just running 1/8 mile, that would hurt mph alittle but your 60ft would be crazy low!!!

im 4over normal mods, 270lbs- ive got my best slips rinnin crazy gearing. 16/45 yes 16/45 and went 9.63@145.2-1/4mile. so give it a shot. racing is all about trial n error

Back