STUNNINGLY Crazy Idea:

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Reading about GAY MARRIAGE in CA made me think of something: Why couldn't me and the random single girl across the way sign the papers to be legally married and reap the TAX benefits, yet remain in our single world, separate living apartments, almost ZERO contact, separate lives? What difference would it make? Is there some law that says you must love each other, spend a certain amount of hours together, live in the same place?

The only drawback I can think of is when it is time to ACTUALLY marry someone else, we'd need to file the divorce paperwork. no lawyers would need top be involved in any of it.

Marriage has been reduced to less than handshake status in today's world anyway, and beyond all the obvious WRONGNESS of the idea... well, what is really wrong with it?

I think someone has been sniffing the paint thinner again.

J/K....
biggrin.gif

lurk.gif

Divorce is at 60+% anyway, reportedly.

Us 'hetero's' should be very proud. Only 40% more (or less) to go and we'll have achieved a 100% failure rate! Awesome!

I'll bet that not all gays want to get married. Not if they're smart.

thumb_up.gif

Are you actually implying that gay people only want to get married for the tax benefits?

Legally, I think you have to be living together and sharing income to file jointly anyway.

All you need to be married is the signed certificate.

Ya don't have to live together at all. Witness soldiers
in Iraq.

But ya lose certain things when married like that too.
Here in Florida you can "Homestead" your home for property
taxes. Which works great if you are living together.
But you can only "Homestead" one home. Who gets to do that?

If you are going to file jointly that means you have to share
your personal finacial information with a stranger. Are you
sure you want to do that? Most states being "married" would
give her ownership of all your stuff and vice-versa.
A prenuptual may avoid some of that.

Then there is the personal relations with real potential "mates"
The whole "I'm not really married" thing. Most won't believe it.

All in all the cons out weigh the pros in my opinion.

pirate.gif
RaiderDm out.
P1569

I take this as a sarcastic approach that intends to make people think.

I can't say that I disagree with your statements though WWJD. We have literally reduced marriage to be nothing. It's sad.

no, I'm kinda totally serious. not that any woman would ever actually AGREE to this sort of thing. Yeah there would have to be yer basic PRE-NUP "Everyone keeps ALL their own stuff as found in chosen apartment". Marrieds can file "Married filing separately" I think? I am not knocking the gay thing at all, it just made me think: I'm single and could get a tax write off AS A MARRIED person. Just because we pay rent at two places means nothing. Maybe it's our way of keeping things exciting for us: LIVING like we are still single. I can't think of any legal reason this idea would not work. And if you ask me about it, after I am "married", I will simply tell you, "Yes we are married, but have a VERY OPEN relationship... which is why she is dating my brother"
biggrin.gif
. SHE can have the homestead write off - or she could write it off and split it with me

I like Scar's comment nearing 100% failure rate. Like REAL marriages are any different than my sham idea? hahhhaahhaa

and Scar ..your answer to WWJD's ..name should be " What Would Jesus Do ( WWJD ) ..is the most excepted answer to it..

If a person wants another person to be reconized as thier spouse it shouldn't matter if that person is male or female..
I'f a gay person dies w/o a will even if they were married for lets say 30 yrs..
the Law doesn't recognize the marriage .. so the Family has the Law on their side,
so if they don't approve of their son's homosexuality, the spouse gets nothing.
nor S.S. benefits ..etc.etc.
cool.gif

most have a easier time ..willing " Crap " to their Cat/dog ... then to a
" Gay Partner " ..
then again .. I don't sit around all day worrying about what "other people" are doing .. in their bedroom ... < im just sayin >

maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the gay marriage thing - My topic has NOTHING to do with that

and  Scar ..your answer to WWJD's ..name  should be " What Would Jesus Do  ( WWJD ) ..is the most excepted answer to it..

If a person wants another person to be reconized as thier spouse it shouldn't matter if that person is male or female..
I'f a gay person dies w/o a will even if they were  married for lets say 30 yrs..
the Law doesn't recognize the marriage .. so the Family has the Law on their side,
so if they don't approve of their son's  homosexuality, the spouse gets nothing.
nor S.S. benefits ..etc.etc.    
cool.gif
Thanks, Ken. I just wanted to be sure I knew what the author's 'take' on it was because as much as

What
Would
Jesus
Do

WWJD can also mean...

What
Wouldn't
Jesus
Do

...and separating people for any reason is something that the Jesus I learned about would never do.

Special rights and privileges for any group are outrageous and deplorable, equal rights are desireable and not terribly unthinkable.

For clarity.

Anyway, that's all.

maybe, but the English Language Word "Marriage" no longer means a man and a woman, or even a man and a woman in love, or even a man and a woman living together... it simple means an agreement by two people to get some tax structured benefits. because the more we change basic definitions of words, the less they mean and the less sense they make

So, although BIBLICALLY speaking I, personally, COMPLETELY agree in what marriage USED to stand for... man and woman, in love, together as a family, FOR LIFE, society has now deemed that we can change the meaning of words to mold to whatever minute's political ambition it happens to support.

As hard as it is to toss the ORIGINAL meaning of the word marriage into a nearby dumpster, I am not one to cling to the past, and will try to make the best of it and accept societal changes that are afoot.

In that, I see nothing wrong with signing a paper with a friend, to net both of us another $2000 at tax time. it is EXACTLY THE SAME as if we were a REAL MARRIED couple. What if we WERE married? Exactly the same. Excpet we can date other people searching for a better souse.... exactly like many common "marriages" today ;)

I am embracing the future that is full of change, not getting mad at it or throwing stones.

I told you it was a stunningly crazy idea. but, nooOOOOOoooo, wouldn't believe me would ya
smile.gif

I only have one question...would Jesus want the Government telling him what he's allowed to do in his own bedroom? Hmm...let's ponder that, shall we??
I'm not in a position to judge other people, but when someone's rights are being stepped on, it's only a matter of time before my rights are affected, and I'm not about to let the Government pry me out of my favorite red lace teddy.
Okay, so I exhaggerated...but you get the picture.
deadhorse.gif

no, I dont get it. are you on about the gay thing still? Im not talking about the gay thing. I am talking about a not-real-marriage marraige. are there laws against it? are you saying the Governemnt will FORCE me into bed with my not-so-real-wife in order to get a certificate?

im not talking anyone's bedroom action here

I'm  just .. making view points on different ideas
winkold.gif
... but to you and your idea of a non- marriage-marriage .. by all means !
ThumbsUp.gif
 go for it ..it is " do-able " I'm thinking a p.o.box for your mail to be sent to ( same addy  for tax ) .. a prenup would be  " a thing to get"  .. and wash your hands prior the  "handshake" .. (1) ..never knows where the other has been .. since  your not living together ..  
cool.gif

Reading about GAY MARRIAGE in CA made me think of something: Why couldn't me and the random single girl across the way sign the papers to be legally married and reap the TAX benefits, yet remain in our single world, separate living apartments, almost ZERO contact, separate lives? What difference would it make? Is there some law that says you must love each other, spend a certain amount of hours together, live in the same place?

The only drawback I can think of is when it is time to ACTUALLY marry someone else, we'd need to file the divorce paperwork. no lawyers would need top be involved in any of it.

Marriage has been reduced to less than handshake status in today's world anyway, and beyond all the obvious WRONGNESS of the idea... well, what is really wrong with it?
WWJD "What Would Jesus Do"
rock.gif
??

maybe, but the English Language Word "Marriage" no longer means a man and a woman, or even a man and a woman in love, or even a man and a woman living together... it simple means an agreement by two people to get some tax structured benefits.  because the more we change basic definitions of words, the less they mean and the less sense they make

So, although BIBLICALLY speaking I, personally,  COMPLETELY agree in what marriage USED to stand for... man and woman, in love, together as a family, FOR LIFE, society has now deemed that we can change the meaning of words to mold to whatever minute's political ambition it happens to support.

As hard as it is to toss the ORIGINAL meaning of the word marriage into a nearby dumpster, I am not one to cling to the past, and will try to make the best of it and accept societal changes that are afoot.  

In that, I see nothing wrong with signing a paper with a friend, to net both of us another $2000 at tax time.  it is EXACTLY THE SAME as if we were a REAL MARRIED couple.  What if we WERE married?  Exactly the same.  Excpet we can date other people searching for a better souse.... exactly like many common "marriages" today  ;)

I am embracing the future that is full of change, not getting mad at it or throwing stones.

I told you it was a stunningly crazy idea.  but, nooOOOOOoooo, wouldn't believe me would ya  
smile.gif
You would be married in God's eye too, not just legally. What does the bible say about divorce or adultery. The bible says when you get married you are ONE flesh. That way sounds nothing like one flesh. I'm just sayin.

I only have one question...would Jesus want the Government telling him what he's allowed to do in his own bedroom? Hmm...let's ponder that, shall we??
I think Jesus already made a rule about same sex sex, plus he was a virgin, so if the govt said no sex with the same sex, he probably think that is cool.

"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex."

Back