Stud and bolt manufactures

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know where to buy automotive studs ? I've beeb making some sliders and need some studs , on one end I need the size of the factory engine mount bolt and on the other I need a metric thats equal to a 9/16 or 5/8's or actually just SAE.. thanks for any help.

Damn! I will look for the name of the company I used to deal with. I can't fine their contact info, but if/when I do, I'll post it up.

They are in Heidelberg, Germany. They will roll the threads to your specifications (% of pitch engagement), bevel the faces, heat treat, nitride, Stellite coat, Alodine, Anodize, Lubricant Infusion plate, emboss your name or logo in the parts, or do anything else you can think of.

It's a family run business, and don't get offended if they give you the third degree about what you want the studs for. They won't do anything until they are certain that they will be delivering EXACTLY what you want. They will do specialty runs as small as 10 pieces, and their prices are more than fair. Turn-around times are really good (1 week), and they do the customs paperwork for you.

I realize that may be overkill for you. You can probably find the same parts locally, but it's always good to have options, right?
beerchug.gif

mcmaster carries just about anything.
beerchug.gif

if it's something completely custom ARP is top notch. For sliders I wouldn't go to this extent.

Fastenal has stores in many towns, usually a good supply of studs too..

Hey guys thanks for the replys. & Roadthing if you find the info pass it on, sound like the place I might use for a few other ideas I'm working on... While here can someone tell me what the metric size threads are for the motor-mount bolt ( for the sliders? ) . I have a couple new parts coming out next month & of course org. members get a better deal.. You're gonna love this new stuff!!

Back