help!-upper engine mounting bolts

busabeast

likes to pass cars
Registered
hey guys- got a quick question that i can find the answer to-
what size are the upper mounting bolts on the engine? i've decided to machine my own sliders and need to know what size mounting bolts to cut into the base of my newly designed 'spike sliders'. i'm thinking that i will make them just like the fairing spikes i made- only bigger! thanks!:please:

I know that one! :cheerleader:

M10 X 1.25

What do i win? :laugh:

Ahh..thats GenI by the way...not sure if it's the same for GenII

Last edited:
sweet! what you think of my idea?
btw: do you know how long they are?

Last edited:
1 is 45mm and the other is 55mm

Or about 1.75" and 2.125"

Dont know which side is which...i'm thinking the longer one goes on the left side, but i was never good at 50/50 chances...:laugh:

hmmmm....i dont wanna sound like a jerk but you are planning on "machining" sliders for your bike and you dont have the calibers or measuring equipment to kow the bolt lengths and sizes?:laugh: sorry i just got a chuckle out of that. Though if your like me its much easier to ask then to go figure it out...lol

hmmmm....i dont wanna sound like a jerk but you are planning on "machining" sliders for your bike and you dont have the calibers or measuring equipment to kow the bolt lengths and sizes?:laugh: sorry i just got a chuckle out of that. Though if your like me its much easier to ask then to go figure it out...lol

just wanted to be prepared before i took anything apart...
i dont have the correct die- so i got to order it- better before than after its in pieces...:thumbsup:

just wanted to be prepared before i took anything apart...
i dont have the correct die- so i got to order it- better before than after its in pieces...:thumbsup:

i agree!!! so post some pics of them sliders...you might get a couple sales here!

Back