Stretched busas

Here is mine at like 1.5-2" over stock. I like it and to me it really doesn't handle that bad.

Dereks_Busa.jpg

I went with somewhere between 3" and 4" over.  I like to take it to the strip once in a while but also like to ride in twisties.  You can still take coners quick, just not as fast as a 600 or 1000.  It is still fun.  I took a corner the other day and dragged something.  
super.gif

<!--EDIT|Bruiserman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145368225 -->

I went with somewhere between 3" and  4" over.  I like to take it to the strip once in a while but also like to ride in twisties.  You can still take coners quick, just not as fast as a 600 or 1000.  It is still fun.  I took a corner the other day and dragged something.  
super.gif
That looks like 5-6"..... or maybe it's just the angle? My chain link count is 123 on a D.I.D x-ring chain, 112 is stock, each link being about half an inch increase, so I am apporoxiamtely 5.5" out. I like it.... I don't do twisties very often (will be doing track days on my 400 for them). Maybe giving up street riding soon, but as for right now, it still corners nice enough for me.
5421c099.jpg

39825900.jpg

oops, computer issue caused double post..... after looking at more bikes, mine is not strecthed as far as I thought is was.... some one let me know if I am incorrect on my numbers.

<!--EDIT|modidy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145379802 -->

Here's mine at 6 over. It handles fine extended, it's the lowered part that makes the handling suck.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145407565 -->

orange2.JPG

i got ine streched 6 over wit a big dady 240 tire... it to bad unless your really into hittin the twisties, she drops just not as fast.

Well IMO, I think it looks like some "wannabe, look at me I'm cool" BS. Reminds me of the guys in the 90's who extended their chrome spoked wheels out past the fenders on their cars to inflate their ego (somehow?).
Now, if you're taking it to the strip to run the 1/4 mile you'll need one, but since you seem to want to play the role of a "PLAYA", as you put, it I believe you are just looking for more bling eye candy and props from others on the street (artificial stret cred I guess).
Anyways if that's what you want to do by all means...it's your money you're throwing at it.

Well IMO, I think it looks like some "wannabe, look at me I'm cool" BS. Reminds me of the guys in the 90's who extended their chrome spoked wheels out past the fenders on their cars to inflate their ego (somehow?).  
Now, if you're taking it to the strip to run the 1/4 mile you'll need one, but since you seem to want to play the role of a "PLAYA", as you put, it I believe you are just looking for more bling eye candy and props from others on the street (artificial stret cred I guess).
Anyways if that's what you want to do by all means...it's your money you're throwing at it.
Dayum, bro. that is a little harsh. I just like the look and was inquiring about it. No street credit needed here, I am not a poser. I enjoy my bike for me and my personal preferrences.

I am sure your bike has something that makes it unique to you. I wouldn't knock you if you wanted to slap a set of "BossHog Horns" on your windscreen an paint your bike orange with stars and bars like the Dukes of Hazard. That would be your preference. YOu would qualify as "Hillbilly of the Year",but still it would be YOUR choice.

I am still debating at this point because ridability is key to me, and currently my bike is running and riding great.

Being "Playa" is not about bling or a pimped out ride. It is an expression, like when I see my buddies, I am like "What's up, playa?" That's all.

I guess were knocking screen names now too, huh. Thanks for your opinion, though, "Playa".

Dayum, bro. that is a little harsh. I just like the look and was inquiring about it. No street credit needed here, I am not a poser. I enjoy my bike for me and my personal preferrences.

I am sure your bike has something that makes it unique to you. I wouldn't knock you if you wanted to slap a set of "BossHog Horns" on your windscreen an paint your bike orange with stars and bars like the Dukes of Hazard. That would be your preference. YOu would qualify as "Hillbilly of the Year",but still it would be YOUR choice.

I am still debating at this point because ridability is key to me, and currently my bike is running and riding great.

Being "Playa" is not about bling or a pimped out ride. It is an expression, like when I see my buddies, I am like "What's up, playa?" That's all.

I guess were knocking screen names now too, huh. Thanks for your opinion, though, "Playa".
Okay, Southside (if that is your real name), I get the point, but you did ask for "opinions."

Unless you are running 1/4 miles it is for cosmetic reasons only. I can't figure out why anyone would want to sacrifice the handling of a bike like the Busa on public roads (show bike is another story). Handling relates directly to safety and the ability to quickly react "with your bike" to the current situation. IMO, sweepign high speed turns are much more enjoyable than simply gunning it in a straight line.

Buy like I said do what you want. If it makes you feel better because it is too short and needs to be extended then do so.
rock.gif

Back