stretching a busa

smonroe86

Donating Member
Registered
here is my question about stretching a busa...

when you put a stretch kit say one of those 4 - 6 ones
how does that work with the length of a chain?
thanks

--steve--

Simple: New chain.
smile.gif

Roughly 140 lengths should cover you up to 6 over.I have in stock if needed...

well when i get home i wanted to do a 4in stretch since that doesnt affect the turning....  

so i will get a 4 - 6 kit and a 140 chain.....

--Steve--

(smonroe86 @ Aug. 16 2007,23:50) well when i get home i wanted to do a 4in stretch since that doesnt affect the turning....  

so i will get a 4 - 6 kit and a 140 chain.....

--Steve--
ANY stretch will affect the turning or handling of the bike
crazy.gif

The turning won't be affected that much. I'm at 9over and can still rail a turn pretty good.

(GMbusa @ Aug. 18 2007,13:24) The turning won't be affected that much.  I'm at 9over and can still rail a turn pretty good.
OK...just bring it to the bash next April so we can run the Dragon's Tail
wink.gif

i just dont want my tire sticking that far out where i would have to get a new fairing to keep the bike in style lol

like i said before i cant wait to ride with you guys that should be some fun

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 18 2007,13:30)
(GMbusa @ Aug. 18 2007,13:24) The turning won't be affected that much.  I'm at 9over and can still rail a turn pretty good.
OK...just bring it to the bash next April so we can run the Dragon's Tail  
wink.gif
I have to agree with BA I have led many group rides (many of you have been along for the havic) and the stretched guys can never be found, for miles. Something to consider. Straight line stuff is great, turns not so great if you really haul the mail in the corners.

I'm not trying to say that me on my extended bike is gonna rival the stock wheelbase bikes. I want to tell people that stretch bikes don't handle nearly as bad as people say they do.  I wouldn't go to the Bash with the stretch, i'll be there with a stock swingarm and height.

(GMbusa @ Aug. 18 2007,14:12) I'm not trying to say that me on my extended bike is gonna rival the stock wheelbase bikes. I want to tell people that stretch bikes don't handle nearly as bad as people say they do.  I wouldn't go to the Bash with the stretch, i'll be there with a stock swingarm and height.
I never said that they wouldn't turn or ride bad, but if you like the twisties...you don't want to stretch it
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 18 2007,18:44)
(GMbusa @ Aug. 18 2007,14:12) I'm not trying to say that me on my extended bike is gonna rival the stock wheelbase bikes. I want to tell people that stretch bikes don't handle nearly as bad as people say they do.  I wouldn't go to the Bash with the stretch, i'll be there with a stock swingarm and height.
I never said that they wouldn't turn or ride bad, but if you like the twisties...you don't want to stretch it  
wink.gif
+1 - at about 4 over my bike doesn't handle as bad as I thought it would, but it's still a pig in corners compared to stock.

Honestly if you stretch a bike, and ride it on the road under LEGAL speed or within close proximity to those you will have no problems. If you're getting left i the dust , the people dusting you off probably are railing faster than the law allows.

Stretching isn't as bad as people make it sound. You need to realize that everyone that exclaims how bad it is may be a different rider than you. You need to decide to you want to canyon carve as if you were on a track, or would you rather stretch it out for the strip?

I stretched and lowered my bike and love it. I don't rail like some of my friends, but that's my choice....I didn't do it before I stretched it either. The bike stretched, still exceeds my abilities as a rider and I am fine with that.

To directly answer the original poster's question, GoldenChild took care of that.

Back