Stretched busas

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
I am seriously thinking about stretching my baby 4-6 inches and a brother was wondering if anyone did it and didn't like it. I really miss my bike being lowered. And I am thinking lowering and going back 4-6 woul be cool. Then you get into the debate over extensions or replacing the arm.

Help a playa out with some advice and/or comments. This is a big $$$$$$ decision.

Also, I have a high-tensile strength tsubaki chain, can I buy more links or would I need a new chain?

Thanks. Any pics would be appreciated.

I was at +6 but just shortened it to 4" like it much better. I was planning on alot of racing but not working out. hope that helps
beerchug.gif

View attachment beerchug.gif

u mean the "extendabusa"? a lot of people get it done but i dont really like the look of it.I also wonder how it would handle in the turns if its that long.

had mine stretched 5 inches and its ONLY for straight lines...take a turn much more than the speed limit and youll find yourself heading for the shoulder...fast
sad.gif
not a good feeling

I just extended Trigger to about 4 and I like it!

I PURCHASED IT FROM MYRTLE WEST: http://www.myrtlewestcycle.com/ Heres the price I paid and I got the no brake bar setup! (NICE)

!- ARM $445.00

2- CHROME $350.00

3-CHROME LICENSE $100.00

4-NON-CHROME LICENSE $ 75.00

5-BILLET CAL NO $ 45.00

6-EK 530ZVX X 1 (CHAIN) $179.95

7-CORE CHARGE(GET $ BACK AFTER YOU RETURN YOUR SWING ARM) $250.00

8-SHIPPING $ 20.00

Note: Talk to I think Margret or Martha and tell her you want the Chris Merritt setup!

IM000363.JPG

You will need a longer chain if you do either extensions or an arm.I f you go the extensions route,be sure to go with the quality pieces such as the ones Spencer's produces,stay away from the Yani shiki extensions.They are known for adjustment bolt failures.NJ.

I agree that it's good to have if you're planning on drag racing the bike, but not for general riding.

Mine's heavy enough going into turns in its current form, let alone trying to maneuver it with that extended arm.. I think I'd suffer the same fate as the Titanic (she ain't turnin' fast enough!!!! snow cone, anyone?)

BUSAFETT

Thanks, you guys are the greatest. I am really about to make some changes to my bike and wh not aks those who know.

One more question, anyone running with no cans at all on the exhaust ??

Back