Stretched 08' Pics

Good Pics!!!!!!!!!!....

what brake hanger did you use... and why havent you mounted one?

I have a Trac Arm ready to bolt .. but I am trying to fivure out the brake hanger
I'm guessing he doesn't need a brake hanger because he has no rear brake.
rock.gif

Looks good for what it is I guess. No more racing other bikes in mild traffic I take it, only at the strip or empty roads. Trade handling for straight-line(boring) performance. Of course thats just my opinion, I don't like limiting a bike to do 1 thing.
Ever rode an extended bike? The handling, while affected to a point, isn't NEARLY as bad as you think it is. My Gen1 is 9" over and i can rail the turns just fine.

One thing you never read or hear about is how the overall ride is greatly smoothed out with the longer wheelbase.

Iowadiver, check out Catalyst composite bodies. They offer an extended tail for your 08' that would complement you stretch nicely.

Looks great.
ThumbsUp.gif
I like looking at stretched bikes, I wouldn't want one, but I like to look at what other folks have done. I like it.
beerchug.gif

There is a guy that doesnt want to wheelie.... I bet you have a heck of a launch.

super.gif
AM -->
NOTORIOUS @ Apr. 01 2008 said:
1358645[/ATTACH] AM]
Good Pics!!!!!!!!!!....

I have a Trac Arm ready to bolt .. but I am trying to fivure out the brake hanger
rock.gif
Maybe he doesn"t need one... but he has one.

I would like to use one on mine... thats why I ask.

super.gif

super.gif
AM -->
NOTORIOUS @ Apr. 01 2008 said:
1358673[/ATTACH] AM]
Good Pics!!!!!!!!!!....

rock.gif
Maybe he doesn"t need one... but he has one.

I would like to use one on mine... thats why I ask.
Has what? A rear brake? I don't see it in the pic - do you?

I wasn't jabbing you about your brake hanger - I was just wondering why anyone would run with no back brake.

super.gif

sorry for the delayed response on the brake hanger... I ran into some compatability issues with the 08' stock brakes/caliers/rotors with on old style arm.... these arms originally would go with the 07' or younger busas... the original plan was to do an 07' caliper with my stock rotor and rims and Canadian Mike made a custom hanger for me... everything fit fine, but I found the stock rims would not rotate because the nubs hit the caliper. so, we had to pitch that idea, i pulled the brake off, used the hanger temporarily as a spacer so I can ride, and mike is creating an axel block that will allow the stock caliper/rotor/rims to work with older style arms. I shipped him my old arm and caliper so he can make it exactly as needed and I should be up and running with a rear brake in a couple weeks. By the way... relocate your regulator recitfier (notice in picture I have no lower fairing because it won't fit with underbracing, and I also am relocating the license plate because I ripped mine off from having to bend it too far back.

Looks like if you launched hard and had the suspension setup correctly the tire would eat the tail light. Looks like I may have to get a +12 tail eventually when I decide to bring the wb out.

Re: Stretched 08' Pics

Looks good for what it is I guess. No more racing other bikes in mild traffic I take it, only at the strip or empty roads. Trade handling for straight-line(boring) performance. Of course thats just my opinion, I don't like limiting a bike to do 1 thing.

Guess you have never rode anything stretched and just going off of what you heard because you can ride just the same stretched or not

Re: Stretched 08' Pics

Good Pics!!!!!!!!!!....

I believe roaring toyz makes one that utilizes your swing arm to keep the brake from moving. I am sure there are others as well just can't remember:banghead:

Stretched 6" and lowered enhances stability, but I would assume the farther back you go, the more likely you are to experience diminishing gains.

Back