street tire at 62 in

badassblackbusa

Registered
went to red river saturday running a d208 finally had to drop air pressure to 10 pounds. still didnt hook up. ran a 10.13 @ 137 with the tire spinning halfway down the track. anyone have any good idea for a tire to run. because that aint gonna cut it.

Shinko 003. About 10-12 lbs will hook at the track if you heat it good, but it'll spin on the street.

My Pirelli Super Corse SC1 hooks like a bandit with 24lbs in it... But the track has to be prepped good... I am almost 62"...

With the stock tires on my 05 I found I had to really do a good burnout and run 18 psi or it would spin bad.

Isn't it Great to have traction problems--- BUSA !!!!
I am sorry-- you guy's who drag race etc.-- I know traction is all important-----It's the thing about a Busa spinning the rear---[Is what i have always wanted in a MC] The Busa is a dream come true for me-- it spins at 5000' at will--Pure Love.
Happy Thanskgiving All.
race.gif

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132882549 -->

WOW! cheap too, do they wear out fast? anyone run these over 150 mph? can they handle the twisties?

http://www.tireexpress.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=9485
I'm 16/43 gearing, I've tached out 6th with no problems, just a little shaking, but that's prolly due to the 10psi in them.....
They last about 5k with severe drag strip abuse and regular street use (which for these tires is long black marks whenever you twist..). They are a great drag tire, but are pretty much worthless for twisties.

I used a ultra soft shinko last week @ Rockingham and did't have problems with wheel spin except for sat. night....the track really sucked. I was able to put down a 1.41 60' with a 3.79 330'.

yeah, the track did suck didnt it
rock.gif
was that the sideways pass #s
laugh.gif

I was impressed with the #s from friday night .... really wished the track had held up for ya sat night
smile.gif
There's always april

yeah, the track did suck didnt it
rock.gif
 was that the sideways pass #s
laugh.gif

I was impressed with the #s from friday night .... really wished the track had held up for ya sat night
smile.gif
  There's always april
Yes it was!!!!!!!! I think 90% of the bikes spun in St/et on Saturday night. In April I'll have 20+ more hp(time for some bigger slugs) and my dry shot ready. Should be good for some 8.60's or better.

I was in both classes (street & pro ET) at the Rock and I spun every time pass in street and went out first round in street because I spun (needless to say I didn't buy back), part of the problem is they make you line up outside of the "pro groove" in street.
wink.gif

What did You run Jim??
ALOT of 9.0's and went 8.991 and 8.96 on motor. I was pretty happy with it.my worst pass of the weekend was my first round in street(spun REALLY bad). My bike was going 122-123 in the 1/8th and 150-151 on top. Gotta love that serious race fuel I use..................Larry's generators gas.
Time for a diet...I weighed myself this weekend and I'm 196#'s........damn BEER

<!--EDIT|streaker00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132921120 -->

Back