Street Racing With 6 inch Arm

OB_busababy

Registered
Could someone tell me if the Busa will hook up on the street with a 6 inch over swingarm lowered with factory tire, the same as if i would've left the stock arm on with the bike lowered front and back, because the bike seems to hook up a little better on the street with the factory arm. Since there is less weight on the rear with the longer swingarm should I go with another tire, and which one do you guys recommend, because I do alot of street racing.

soften up the rear shocks spring prload and when you race lower the compression dampening settin and slow down the rebound dampening.this will make a big difference.or buy a fox shock.see ya sat mornin.got a couple of busas stoppin in

Thanks MH I will see you early Saturday, maybe you can check to se if I got my girl set up right, and also help me with my tire rubbing my storage box, and Lisc. Plate, talk at you later.

[This message has been edited by busababy (edited 06 July 2000).]

I hook fine on the street with a 8" Trac Arm although I've never ran a stock tire. I've always ran the Shinko or Mickey Thompson tire.

got a question about lowering links. i have the schnitz 3 way adjustables. i keep tryin to understand the shocks, rebound etc. i know somewhat but get frustrated and just say screw it. so if i go to the track and slam the bike 3 inches how should i set up on the shock???? or can i just race as is ?? i dont care about lowering the front that much because im not going out their to win money or anything just goofing. oh yeah, has anyone used the schnitz top clamp instead of straps??

Back