Stopping Power

kilpatricks

Donating Member
Registered
hi guys,

im wondering if you guys know a link on how to upgrade your front brakes, with a GSXR Master cylinder or something along the lines of that....

I just want more stopping power.
iamwithstupid.gif

Here Ya Go Steve,

Brembo Radial Pump Front Master Cylinder installed for over a year.  Big difference when used with Braded Lines and good pads.

Brad

S5000023.JPG

I suggest you try steel braided lines FIRST, then if they're not enough --- Go Brembo. But for me (and I do alot of miles) the steel lines give me all the braking action I need  
SHOCKED.gif

"OH" Yea, make sure you have your brake  levers set correctly for you. A correct adjustment makes a unbelievable difference in feel and stopping distances  
tounge.gif

(DaCol. @ Nov. 23 2006,17:58) I suggest you try steel braided lines FIRST, then if they're not enough --- Go Brembo.
It really just depends on what you want to do with your bike.

If you are looking for just a little more, try lines and pads 1st. I did those 1st.

Goodridge lines and EBC HH pads was the route I took.

With my weight and the bikes weight, I needed a bit more. Plus I do several track days a year and many trips to the mountains.

The Brembo master will be about the same improvement as lines and pads if you need more.

I just went from stock lines and pads to Braided lines and EBC HH pads, and to me the difference was remarkable. I'm not that big about 165 so I noticed a big difference. You might try the lines and pads first and if thats not enough you can always change the master cylinder. I do a lot of mountains and twisties and they have worked fine there.

I would change the front and rear, and the pads in all the calipers.

will give the braided lines a try.... are they easy enough to do yourself or is it not worth the hassle, and to let someone else pull there hair out

(SportCommuter @ Nov. 24 2006,00:09) Is it worthwhile to upgrade the rear brake lines as well? Or is the big difference in the fronts?
I hardly use the rear brake, so I did nod change the rear line.

When you change lines and pads you will be susprised at the difference.

(kilpatricks @ Nov. 23 2006,23:08) will give the braided lines a try.... are they easy enough to do yourself or is it not worth the hassle, and to let someone else pull there hair out
They're easy IF you know what your doing and have the right tools. Bleeding the lines is the main issue and if you don't know how or don't have the right tools to do it, then LET someone who does do it. Doesn't cost much, and I would reccomend you do both front and back. Why Not
wink.gif
, then you have a complete brake system not just a half way done one. And your asking about max braking improvement anyway  
beerchug.gif

Changing the lines is easy but I'm sure we can walk you through it. There are a ton of folks here that have done the job.

Back