Stolen Motorcycle

1badasbusa

Registered
Hey guys I was wondering if there is a site that you can do a search on to see if a bike was stolen before you buy one. I am finding that alot of race bikes do not have titles. So who is to say that this guy didn't steal it. Make it a race bike. Beat the piss out of it and now wants to sell it. I geuss if you were to buy one that you could get a bill of sales with the bike. Any thoughts or links would help.

bump.gif

Call the vin (engine cases and frame) in to your local Sheriff's office. They'll tell you if it's stolen.
Be prepared to tell about where it is, etc. if it comes back hot.

Some track bikes will have salvaged, or no rebuild titles. These are essentially worthless, so they get lost in the shuffle. You can't legally register it anyway, so who needs a title? Here in Illinois, you can apply for a lost title and they will tell you what's on it. Lein, salvage, destroyed, whatever.

a lot of race bikes are stolen... but you'll never find a VIN, or title for it if it is...

it's just a bike that you can buy cheap... oh.. sorry.. it's been wrecked and the frame was replaced... We peiced it together from others.. so no title..

you may wanna check if you can find a vin.. but your not gonna know unless it's a newbie thief.

I just didn't want to buy a track bike and then when it's time for me to get rid of it ..I'm the one getting the shaft for stealing it. I know most have a reconstructed title or you can get a bill of sales when you buy it. I just didn't want to get burned.

a lot of race bikes are stolen...  but you'll never find a VIN, or title for it if it is...

it's just a bike that you can buy cheap... oh.. sorry.. it's been wrecked and the frame was replaced... We peiced it together from others.. so no title..

you may wanna check if you can find a vin.. but your not gonna know unless it's a newbie thief.
If you can't find a vin #, assume it's stolen. If that bothers you, (it would me,) walk away. If it doesn't bother you, understand that if you get caught with it, you will take the weight.

a lot of race bikes are stolen...  but you'll never find a VIN, or title for it if it is...

If you can't find a vin #, assume it's stolen. If that bothers you, (it would me,) walk away. If it doesn't bother you, understand that if you get caught with it, you will take the weight.
The one I am lookin at has a vin posted. I geuss as long as you get a bill of sales you should be ok.

... if their isn't a title... I dunno.. depends on how you feel about the possibility of it being stolen.. if they have a title your probably good to go.. even if it's a salvage title..

no title.. probably.. at some point stolen.. in my opinion anyway..

maybe not from the guy your buying from... maybe not from the guy he bought it from... who knows..

the bad/good part is.. depending on which way you feel about owning a stolen bike.. no title.. your never gonna title a race bike anyways.. very small chance of it ever being found out that it's stolen.

Back