Stock wheel weight?

I am assuming you want to lose rotating mass. Otherwise, the easiest way is to go on a diet...

Yes, loose rotating mass. I will also be going to the Brock Short Meg exhaust here soon. Just looking at other savings. I only weight 175 and 5'11. I don't think I need to loose weight.

Its my understanding that loosing rotating mass will also make it handle better. Is this true?

It will only make you freaking faster
rock.gif

I put the Dymag forged mag wheels on mine and the total weight loss was 12lbs on the wheels alone. I think the exhaust will save you around 33-37lbs. My Streeg meg was about 34-35lbs weight loss even after coating mine black.

The wheels will make a huge difference in handling.

I put the Dymag forged mag wheels on mine and the total weight loss was 12lbs on the wheels alone. I think the exhaust will save you around 33-37lbs. My Streeg meg was about 34-35lbs weight loss even after coating mine black.

The wheels will make a huge difference in handling.
Thats the info I was looking for. Thanks!!
beerchug.gif

You won't notice much difference on the streets. Only if you are spanking that puppies arse will you notice a difference and then it will be small.

Sounds like you are looking for better handling? Put your money into suspension upgrades and you'll get the best bang for the buck by far!

You won't notice much difference on the streets. Only if you are spanking that puppies arse will you notice a difference and then it will be small.

Sounds like you are looking for better handling? Put your money into suspension upgrades and you'll get the best bang for the buck by far!
Yeah im doing some research on that as well. But I know jack about suspension.

Light rims make a huge difference. When I put new rims on my 05 I notice it was quicker, and better handling. Rotating weight is something like 1.4x normal weight. I also put on Wave rotors to cut more weight.

Back