Stock K8 exhaust Modi.

SAAD5745

Registered
i have open i the stock exhaust and remove the filter and fix a direct pipe to make the sound loud ,, just asking if there will be any adjustment should be done to the engine
rock.gif

I am trying to do this also, would be very interested in pics. I take it you ground off the "tack" welds on the alan bolts? I have been very tempted to do that also. What are the results??? Com one man details!!

laugh.gif

Hi guys   ,, im sorry  ,, i did not take photo's   ,, but if any one interested with the sound and need help  ,, u can reach me on MSN lonphone@eim.ae

Attachments

• Recorded_Audio_2008_Apr_09_03_41_06_PM.mp3
    140.6 KB · Views: 69
I like it!

Tell us about what you found inside the cans, was it just a straight piece of perforated pipe taht you used? Did you pack teh cans with anything? Was it easy to do?

Interesting Thread, would'nt mind my stock exhaust being a little louder. No luck finding any internal details, with either the Service OR Parts manual.

Cans.jpg

this is to show how the exhaust looks like from inside ,, what u have to do is to make a hole (( marked )) and connect a new pipe

18.jpg

I run the stock 02 sensor on a Alien Head exhaust, and the bike runs perfect. The Air Fuel ratio guage is eratic below 4500 RPMs. As soon as you cross the 4500 mark, every thing is rock steady. if you give it more gas, it will run rich until the speed catches up to the throttle amount, if you let off the throttle, it goes lean. but in answer to your quetion, I think it will correct, and you will not have any problems

this is to show how the exhaust looks like from inside   ,, what u have to do is to make a hole (( marked )) and connect a new pipe
How much louder, a little?, alot?

OK Guru's does this affect O2 sensor? Since it's so far downstream
dunno.gif

What are downsides we can think of?

No downside. The bike stock is QUIET.. It's quite honestly the quitest bike I've ever ridden.

A holesaw makes only a slight increase in the noise level. Not a biggie at all.

No downside.  The bike stock is QUIET..  It's quite honestly the quitest bike I've ever ridden.

A holesaw makes only a slight increase in the noise level.  Not a biggie at all.
Cool, I consider my stock K8 too quiet, but cant see myself parting with close to a thousand bucks for exhaust yet. I could hear a difference in sound from the audio file, but was difficult to determine how much louder.

I guess I could start with a small bypass hole and increase size until I get the sound level I want.  Or could stick a adjustable butterfly valve or rotary BBQ grill type vent bypass(that I could rotate and adjust). Thanks

This mod sounds appealing but.........anyone getting the gut feeling that this could fall under the category of "Never a Right way to do a Wrong thing"?
dunno.gif

I'm surprsed not more feedback positive or negetive yet.

Bump, anyone else do this, or have more info on the pros and cons, lastly any other detailed instructions for the not so mechanically inclined people? I mean, I have installed a full exhaust before, just never altered one....

I tried to do this with my exhausts, however, once you take off the chrome endcap on the muffler, there is a lip of metal rolled over the edges of the inner muffler preventing it from being removed. One would need to use a hammer or some pliers, or maybe a dremel, to get the lip removed so the internal muffler could be pulled out.

These pipes can be modded just like gen 1 but you cant really shorten them due to the tapered design.I took mine apart and put strait pipes in there.Very loud.2-1/2 pipe from front to back but looks stock.
I drilled out my endcap bolts rather than grinding.Hard to get a grinder in there.

Back