K8 Stock pipes Mod Done-Thanks freponyryd

gaeducator

Registered
Last weekend, made the trip to Warner Robins. Met up with Freponyryd and he did the K8 stock pipe modification for my bike. I got their around 12 noon and he was finished at 3:00. Great guy and the pipes turned out fine. Got back home and painted the exhaust on Tuesday. The sound is that of a nice deep hum and they look great on the bike. I will post pics later on today when I get home today. Also the weight reduction came out to a little over 11 pounds. Also the bike seems to have a little more power on the low end.

Last edited:
Hey, Glad to hear your enjoying them, now lets get some miles on them. And for the rest of you out there that want this done feel free to shoot me a PM.

Here are the pix!!!

073.jpg

078.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, How much does it cost to do that? I have the two brothers on mine right now but if they ever go bad i would like to do that to mine. Thanks in advance, Doug

DSC_0003RS.jpg

Freponyryd told me to just buy him lunch and that would take care of it. He used his materials and tools. It took about 3 hours of his time. He told me I didn't have to pay him, but I gave him $90. It was well worth it. Looks great and reduced the bike weight by little over 11 pounds. I figured if I would have messed it up myself, it would have cost a lot more to fix. PM him and he will hook you up. Could have shipped them to him, but wanted to watch and learn. The weird thing is that the weight was reduced by the exact same for each side. Cant remember the exact #, but I think it was 5lbs 8 ounces for each one. Now how precise is THAT!!!!

Last edited:
I know it probably too late for the 09's, but this is a design that the Suzuki engineers should look at. This is one of those must have mods that doesnt cost alot, but it definitely makes the bike look better. Went to the local Suzuki dealer today to see how many people would notice. I walked out and there were 4 guys looking at the exhaust. They told me that it was the first time they had seen the shortened exhaust and asked who did it for me. Also said it looked great.

I am glad to see you are enjoying the cans and they do look really good on the bike. Next we need to set up a group ride for all the fellas in the south east area.

lets see some more pics.. right side full bike shot please.. looks good .. did i say that already :thumbsup:

looks great... one question i have is how hard would it be to get that end cap and the heat shield powdercoated black to match the can?

Everytime I see this mod I am more in love with it. Why didn't suzuki just make them this size to begin with. Nice work guys :thumbsup:

Back