Stock header modification

Busa4Fun

Registered
Hello guys hope you're good, there are some udpates after i modded my stock header to 4-2-1.
Before, i just modded the diameter of the end pipe (60mm). Now, i modded the secondary tubes to 50 mm but i did not mod the primary tubes they are Still stock size (38mm) should i mod them too ?

at that point probably easier to just get an aftermarket header unless you are making one for a specific reason. any picks of your work so far?
I did not find any used one and i was on tight budget.. so here is what i idi

20221209_181312.jpg

20221228_154128.jpg

looks good so far, i dont see the catalytic converters. if u dont have access to a dyno you can always check the spark plugs to “read” the engine. if they are white its too lean and you can damage the engine. a flash or a power commander can adjust for the exh changes if u are on a budget.

looks good so far, i dont see the catalytic converters. if u dont have access to a dyno you can always check the spark plugs to “read” the engine. if they are white its too lean and you can damage the engine. a flash or a power commander can adjust for the exh changes if u are on a budget.
I have no clue hence asking if power commander will be enough to protect engine in this scenario_Out here we dont have any dyno so most of the bikers here are riding with OEM headers.Will power commander be a SAFE option to change from OEM to aftermarket headers.

power commander adjust for fuel and can have a custom map loaded or you can download free maps from other users. on my 2 gen hayabusa, i ran a power commander with a brocks full exhaust just fine. power commanders have been used for decades to adjust fuel maps. power commander are nice because you can change the map loaded without having to pay for a custom tune everything you want to make a change. a dyno tune with an ecu flash allows you adjust more parameters but a power commander can get your air fuel ratio correct. the software to adjust a power commander is free to download.

Thank you for the info and guidance.I truly appreciate.
power commander adjust for fuel and can have a custom map loaded or you can download free maps from other users. on my 2 gen hayabusa, i ran a power commander with a brocks full exhaust just fine. power commanders have been used for decades to adjust fuel maps. power commander are nice because you can change the map loaded without having to pay for a custom tune everything you want to make a change. a dyno tune with an ecu flash allows you adjust more parameters but a power commander can get your air fuel ratio correct. the software to adjust a power commander is free to download.

Tecate 250 in the top picture?
I always wanted a 500 Quadracer; what pipe is on that one?
Is the 250R faster?(maybe a 310cc too?)
Those are all awesome!
...including the 3 wheeled death, lol

old engine tuner use to read the plug before dynos were more abundant. i still is this technique when modifying my ATVs and with 2 stroke engines.
Thanks à lot for the inputs and informations. I will take à part the spark plugs tomorrow i will post them here

Reactions: pcs
Thanks guys for your feedbacks but what did you think about letting the primary tubes of the header stock and the two tubes and the external tube moded ?

Reactions: pcs
Tecate 250 in the top picture?
I always wanted a 500 Quadracer; what pipe is on that one?
Is the 250R faster?(maybe a 310cc too?)
Those are all awesome!
...including the 3 wheeled death, lol
the top one 450 quadracer, with the suspension design it’s the fastest for no prep hill racing. the 500 had a paul turner pupe but now runs a jerry hall pipe, all out top speed the 500 is faster. the trx is out of its league against the 2 suzukis but its a great atv. both 3 wheels are just super fun to ride but the yamaha has a better suspension design for desert riding.

Thanks guys for your feedbacks but what did you think about letting the primary tubes of the header stock and the two tubes and the external tube moded ?
i wouldnt mess with the primary tubes if you dont have a way to adjust fuel mapping. are u making changes for just sound or are you making changes for performance reasons

Back