Hayabusa stock header crossover pipe question

hermie

Registered
I have a hayabusa powered sandrail with a stock header that I had to split into two. The X pipe at the end is gone already and it goes to the stock mufflers. My question is can I cut the crossover pipe between the inner two cylinder out and plug weld the holes? What affect will this have? I have seen aftermarket headers that don't have it. Right now it's cut in half and I sleeve it together after I install the header. It would be much easier without it! Gen 1

Its just like small block chevy header design in many ways small primary pipes produce great low end Tq . Teamed with a cross over / X pipe / balance tube what ever you chose to call it . They scavenge exhaust pulses . Your stock header may be double walled like many OEM headers so it might be a little more challenging
to seal the header inner wall and not to create a restriction .

Seat of the pant with it gone you wont notice it . Your more likely to notice a slight tone difference in the exhaust note .
Instead of cutting it off flush with #2 and # 3 cylinder pipes leave .75" and crimp shut then seal with a mig weld pass .

Back