Pictures of Modded Stock Gen I Header and Canister

Here are some videos of the exhaust in action. One is with me (the big guy 290lb suited) and the other is my friend (the small guy 175lb suited). The video of the my friend is shaky at the beginning so watch your lunch... :lol:. The times are not impressive as we are up here at 5300' altitude. On these runs the DA was between 6600-6700' which is not bad for us. My bike is stock except for airbox mod w/stock filter, stock modded exhaust, +6 rear sprocket, Carrozzeria wheels, lowered(stock wheelbase) and air shifter(for me as I cannot get my legs up right with the leathers). Shifting at 10.2k on shift light and going through the traps at 10.1k rpms. The bike has a 9.6x in it and we will try again in about 2 weeks.

Enjoy.

[MEDIA=YOUTUBE]Fosn0wuaA_8[/MEDIA] - Busa Drag Race

Last edited by a moderator:
Exhaust comparisons between the modded stock exhaust to a Brock street exhaust.

- Hayabusa Exhaust Comparo.wmv[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
slightly modded gixxer 1k pipe. should've modified the stock header better, but the guy in the exhaust shop had no clue about performance exhaust design, i started talking merge angle and he got all glassy eyed. no up close pix, but that's ok, a ct meg will find it's way on my bike soon enough. i did keep the switchable baffle functional with the 1k pipe, so i've got a "stealth mode" lever for creeping through the neighborhood.

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

Last edited:
slightly modded gixxer 1k pipe. should've modified the stock header better, but the guy in the exhaust shop had no clue about performance exhaust design, i started talking merge angle and he got all glassy eyed. no up close pix, but that's ok, a ct meg will find it's way on my bike soon enough. i did keep the switchable baffle functional with the 1k pipe, so i've got a "stealth mode" lever for creeping through the neighborhood.

How did you keep the butterfly valve in the midpipe functional? I know it's cable operated from a servo, but I thought the 1000 ecu controlled it's operation. I know you're an electronics guy, I'm just trying to learn something new.

easy, gearshifter from a mountain bike and a cable linkage i made. they've got a return spring, you just need to find a shift lever that is held in place by friction instead of a detent.

Man, that muffler looks bigger on the Busa than it does on the GSXR....interesting idea.....

You need to wipe the snow off of the bike so I can see the paint color.. :rofl:

Nice write up. I had my buddy chop up my stock header for me. Gonna reinstall it soon and run my Micron bolt on canister. Cant wait to see how it will turn out.

Man, that muffler looks bigger on the Busa than it does on the GSXR....interesting idea.....

You need to wipe the snow off of the bike so I can see the paint color.. :rofl:

lol, i love that paint color. no one has tried to move over on me, no one has almost killed me since the bike got painted. you need sunglasses to look at it in direct sunlight, it's awesome.

Hi, just found this thread and thinking of putting a 1K Cannister on my K1 Busa as you've done. It looks to be hanging quite low. I don't suppose you have a rearview shot you could post so I could get a better look? I know this thread is quite old so understand if your bike no longer looks like this. Cheers.

Here's a pic of my take on the exhaust, I love the sound. It's essentially a 4 into 2 with a wrap around the tubes to make it look like a muffler.
IMG_0251.jpg

what did you use to combine the two sides of the stock header together to bring them down to one pipe... im debating on doing this but using my d&d slip ons

what did you use to combine the two sides of the stock header together to bring them down to one pipe... im debating on doing this but using my d&d slip ons

I made a collector out of like 2 1/4" tube then placed both sides to it like a collector.

I am thinking of doing another header and change a few things. I want to change the size of the tubes from the header to be bigger then a larger collector and larger midpipe as well as the muffler tubing. 2 1/2" all the way through. Should make slightly more HP and be deeper toned. Kinda depends on a good muffler packing to help soften it though.

Back