"stock" 08 Busa runs 9.32

Professor

Hayabusa Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Richard Gadson ran a 9.32 @ 150.95 at Atco

Lowered rear. Stock front height but pulled down with strap. Clutch mod.

i went a 9.32 with the back lowered and a clutch mod at 150.95 mph. the front was stock height and we pulled the strap on it. it was only my third pass[/Quote]

beerchug.gif

Looks like the mirrors were also off the bike.

Still has reflectors and mudflap!

BrockBusa1.jpg

the time is fantastic but i wouldn't call it a 'stock' bike. i know it's only strapped and has 'modded' clutch but a mod is mod. nice run non-the-less w/ very minimal mods done.

(BusaDudeBrazil @ Oct. 01 2007,09:36) hm... properly mapped PCIII along with a good full exhaust and we are looking at sub 9... barely modded...
Yup just like my zx14 running 8s barely modded...
beerchug.gif

(Professor @ Oct. 01 2007,08:18) Richard Gadson ran a 9.32 @ 150.95 at Atco

Lowered rear. Stock front height but pulled down with strap. Clutch mod.

i went a 9.32 with the back lowered and a clutch mod at 150.95 mph. the front was stock height and we pulled the strap on it. it was only my third pass

beerchug.gif
[/Quote]
Don't leave out the details ...

Lowered rear strapped front
mirrors removed  and 0wt  oil
150 pound pro rider
Brocks clutch mod

DA was report by Pro star to be 250 Feet below sea level ...  That some really good air ...

Add  a  Pipe and P/C  and a little arm easy 8s ...
beerchug.gif

muscle.gif

beerchug.gif

(1300hemibusa @ Oct. 01 2007,12:56) Don't leave out the details ...
I'm also wondering about fuel. With no tuning and the stock bikes usually a bit rich it may have made more with a blend of MR9 and MRX01 fuel. Not sure if it was running pump gas or what.

I looking forward to Brocks diary detailing it.

It also looks like a new design top tree/clamp is going to be needed for the 08.

I can just here every pipe Manufacturer on the planet frantically trying to be the first one into the 8's with a "stock" Busa. This is getting good!

This thread seems to have drawn some attention. I went on Bikeland trying to find out if there are any new numbers for the new 14 and there is a lot of sabre rattling going on! Cant we all just get along.
crazy.gif

What is this clutch mod? Just some spacers to stiffen up the springs, or are they removing any torque limiting gear? Either way it is certainly not stock anymore - remember Brock's diary bike 14 had an untouched motor, just strapped and lowered.

(KaiBosh @ Oct. 01 2007,14:39) What is this clutch mod?  Just some spacers to stiffen up the springs, or are they removing any torque limiting gear?  Either way it is certainly not stock anymore - remember Brock's diary bike 14 had an untouched motor, just strapped and lowered.
Removing the back torque limiter.

I remember the ZX-14 diary well. I know Brock put a set of .180" spring spacers in the ZX-14, I'm just not sure at what point in the modifications he did it.

You don't have to sell me on the ZX-14 at all. They run good. I have always said that. I'm thankful for the 14 because it made Suzuki step up to the plate to play hardball.

(Professor @ Oct. 01 2007,13:09)
I'm also wondering about fuel. With no tuning and the stock bikes usually a bit rich it may have made more with a blend of MR9 and MRX01 fuel. Not sure if it was running pump gas or what.

It also looks like a new design top tree/clamp is going to be needed for the 08.
Update..... Pump Gas
bowdown.gif

(Professor @ Oct. 01 2007,13:04)
(Professor @ Oct. 01 2007,13:09)

Update..... Pump Gas  
bowdown.gif
yes Brock said all runs were on pump gas ...

On his 06 zx14 he didn't like the soft clutch lever .. He added spacers so he could get some feed back from the clutch ....I still run the stock springs in my zx14, i like the soft easy pull on the lever ... But everybody likes the clutch a little different ...

BusaDudeBrazil @ Oct. 01 2007,09:36)
hm... properly mapped PCIII along with a good full exhaust and we are looking at sub 9... barely modded...

Yup just like my zx14 running 8s barely modded...
[/Quote]

Cool, that means they both are going to fight on the sub 9 level... both awesome bikes... now what remains to be seen is their times with the same mods... one cannot deny that with at least, pessimistic guess - same amount of horsepower/torque, plus better aerodynamics, hard time for any ZX14 to keep up... can anybody defy that logic with any argument?

This is getting SILLY "SICK" REAL fast !!!!!...........
tounge.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

I think it's awesome if it's true.
The problem is I've seen this same qoute on a couple different busa sites and ALL the times have been different.

Before you guys get up in arms
argue.gif

I'm not a hater and I think it is badass if they do run that fast.
Just sayin I'd like to see more times before I fall into the hype and get my hopes up
beerchug.gif

Back