Lowering 2nd gen advice

Scottrod

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm trying to lower my 2008 busa. I am working on trying to kick some ass at the track and can't seem to keep it down in 1st gear at the track with the stock height obviously.

I gotta admit, I like taking the twisties on the road when i'm not at the track and ideally I would like to get straps and an adjustible lowering link in the back which is EASY to move back and forth from stock height and back to super low for the track with much ease.

What do you recommend? I guess I could get the piece which lowers the triple tree in the front and links in the back? Or should I get a lowering link in the back and straps up front instead?

I had a lot of trouble with wheelies at the track and only ran a best of 10.8 @139mph my first time.

I also want to do the clutch mod & clutch cushion. Any other mods you guys recommend?

I would recommend links and either the risers or new top clamp. It wouldn't take you that long to lower and raise the bike. I don't think many people do this but it is doable.

I'm no expert, so wait on the experts :thumbsup:

Definitely do adjustable links in the back. For the front I would do spacers or a new top clamp and get a strap, but make sure you get the mounts for the radial brakes. Even if you lower it without the strap, it will come up because you are still getting the same amount of suspension travel up front which is what the strap is used for.

Back