Still Working on it....

OB_ZXALAN

Registered
Well after swapping a stock 99 ECM in for my mapped(?) ECM and seeing it had the same effect as mine(hestitations below 3k)I ruled out my ECM being fried so I just put mine back in, mapped it at 5,5,5 and 11:00 and rode it. Still has hesitations when riding below 3K, especially when free revving it. Still smokes slightly when free revving it hard but doesnt seem to when under full load so I am not going to worry about it. I have checked everything hoses,connections,sensors, fuel filter(inline) and have tried every possible mapping combination with the YOSH box.Also put in fresh plugs. I am thinking of either trying a PC2 or putting a stock air box back on. For the kind of riding I do, it is worth it to me to lose 4 or 5 hp to gain hesitation free throttle response and good low speed torque which I have lost, although this may be due to the incorrect calibration of the EMC. Any other suggestions? Also looking for a good shop with a Real dyno with a Air/fuel tester in South East Texas. Thanks for the help guys!! JCheese, how was The Temple Track? Did you roll?

Sorry to hear you are still not to max preformance.
No I was rained out I will try San Antonio Friday it is an all bike meet.
I need test and tune time Houston is June 10

Yeah, I was hoping to run in Houston, June 10 but If my bike is not totally right, I am not going to run. I may take it Friday night and try it out but if it doesnt run atleast 9.80's I am not going to take it to the shoot out. I mean hell, I was running consistant 9.90-91's before the full box mod and clutch mod so you do the math! Also I ordered 2 new tires for MAW and the rear is on back order until June 8 and I wont receive it til about the 15th and my rear tire is not going to make it that far. It is below the warning markers already and after one more track night, its gone. My bike will be down for about two weeks any way because I am having my wheels chromed next week so I wont make Houston but I will be there and I will look for you and try to meet you. Maybe I can set up a tuning session with you in Austin after my bike runs again and maybe you can determine whats wrong(if anything?) with it!!!

Back