Steel Braided Brake Lines

04Duramax

Registered
So I finally have a few spare bucks laying around and want to upgrade my brake lines. I was looking at Galfer's but I want to get the smoked cover with gold fittings... but am willing to just get some standard ones as well. Does anyone know where I can get these? I plan on doing both the front and rear. Also I know there is a stock set up (with the crossover line) and then there is the application where a line goes directly to each caliper (from what I understand). Am I correct or did I read that wrong somewhere. Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.

Guess I know what I'l be doing.. just read Pashnit's thread on the sponsor forum and the sale that's going on this month! Kick a$$!

Im running Galfers all around.
Very happy with them!!! :cheerleader:

I also fitted there waved rotors & pads!
The front don't run a cross over anymore!!!

Got them through Pashnit (Site Sponsor)....

283206_10150379420242571_772852570_10212169_2888509_n.jpg

New Rotors 2.jpg

bike 013.jpg

IMHO this is the first thing you should do to a new Busa, even before replacing those huge cans. One reason is the brake feel is improved 100% and the other is there's no telling how long the fluid has been in your Busa, even if you bought it new. Be sure to bleed everything well and don't get brake fluid on anything. You have to remove the rear cowl to get to the rear master cylinder (goofy design IMO). It's not hard but it takes a little time and fiddling. I'm not sure how much difference running seperate lines to the front MC's makes but most aftermarket lines are done that way. No better source than Pashnit.

I also added speed bleeders to my brakes. They work great.

Speed Bleeder Bleeding Brakes Bleeding Motorcycle Brakes Automotive Bleeder Screw Brake Bleeder

Everythings on order... cant wait for it all to come in. I have to remove the rear cowl again anyways since I want to re-do my under tail mod. Oh well just more fun to have with the bike!

Have you ran 2 or 3 lines on the front guys... my local shop suggests changing to 2 lines? My mechanics saying stick with 3?

My first Gen 1 was done with two lines, it also had new pads at the same time and I thought yes that is an improvement.

My second Gen 1 was done with three lines and was definitely a better brake, I'd stick to what the mechanic says.
Don't know the whys and wherefores, maybe someone else on the Org could offer an explanation.

Good luck with the conversion, I also did my clutch line so they both mached.

Best regards Stretch

Check out the sponsors but Pashnit was just doing a full set, rear set for free or something.

I like FREE :thumbsup:

How many lines does the front need and how many in the rear? Also, what does the overlength need to be on a 2011?

thanks

Galfer will have 2 lines on the front, 1 per caliper, and they both go on the same fitting at the master cylinder.
There is only 1 line on the rear.
The lines also come as stock length from Pashnit. He can get them in any length you need, as well as colors on the lines and fittings.
There is no need for longer lines on a stock bike though.
I bought the front Galfers and got the rear free from Pashnit last year and they worked great.
I recently bought a ABM/Speigler bars setup that came with +3" brake and clutch lines. The front uses a line from the master cylinder, and one that crosses over to the other caliper.
I noticed no difference in brake performance in either line configuration.
Pashnit is great to deal with, and the Galfer deal is well worth doing. Brake feel is much improved.
Add a front set of EBC HH Extreme pro pads and 1 finger stoppies are a breeze!

It's been mentioned here before several times too that after your brakes are bled and working properly, you should zip tie or bungee the front brake lever to the bar to keep it compressed.
Let it sit for at least 2 hours, and overnight if possible. Then bleed them again, your lever pull will be much improved and more responsive.
If you've never bled bike brakes before you should do some reading or see if a member near you can help you.
It's not hard, but there's good ways and bad ways to get it done.

Never done bike brakes before, but have done several other cars. I have the maintenance manual for the bike and plan on following it to the T. I also ordered a maxi brake bleeder to make the job a little easier. Might take me a few days to get everything done but well worth it.

Lil Charlie, All I ordered was the lines, and fluid. I plan on ordering pads and rotors with my tax returns. I like to do those in complete sets.

Any bike will benefit greatly by swapping to SS brake lines. Every one of my bikes goes through this immediately. The Busa is night and day with the 2 front line conversion.

My .02

Any bike will benefit greatly by swapping to SS brake lines. Every one of my bikes goes through this immediately. The Busa is night and day with the 2 front line conversion.

My .02

Do you replace the brakes if buying new or just the lines?

I'm thinking of getting better brakes, in this case I want to buy quality (Price no limit) as my life is on the line so to speak. What's the best brakes for the Gen2 Busa guys?

Do you replace the brakes if buying new or just the lines?

I'm thinking of getting better brakes, in this case I want to buy quality (Price no limit) as my life is on the line so to speak. What's the best brakes for the Gen2 Busa guys?

EBC HH Extreme pro pads
They make a BIG difference in stopping power.
The ss lines and those and you can do 1 finger stoppies no problem!:thumbsup:

EBC HH Extreme pro pads
They make a BIG difference in stopping power.
The ss lines and those and you can do 1 finger stoppies no problem!:thumbsup:

You can also do one or the other, it doesn't matter, you'll notice the improvement with either.
But together they are great.

EBC has a new pad now that hasn't hit the market yet called the "GP" pad. Look for it soon!

EBC gave me a set to try out and they are impressive. They say for race only but they work very well for street use as well. They are equally as good as the "Extreme Pro's" and have a better initial bite. I would not suggest them for the novice but for seasoned riders I think you'll find them impressive! I'm almost to the end of this set and would like to get my hands on more next spring.

Back