State motorcycle laws

its up to date because we just had the helmet law reversed a couple weeks ago and its up to date on the info

I didn't look at every state, However the only state I saw with lane splitting was CA.

Does anyone know if any OTHER state(s) allow lane splitting?

CA is the only one that i know of but TX is working on it. Right now it just says "not referenced in the admin. Code or statutes".... Dont know what that means but i seen it on a couple of other things other than lane splitting ???

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

I found this part interesting about Florida

Muffler Required; Florida Statutes, 316.272
No modifications which increase sound to a level higher than the manufacturer's original standand allowed; Florida Statutes, 316.293 (2), (5)
Maximum Sound Level Manufactured before 1/1/79--82 dBA (35 mph or less); 86dBA (over 35 mph).
Manufactured after 1/1/79--78 dBA (35 mph or less); 82 dBA (over 35 mph).
Flordia Statutes, 316.293 (2)

i liked the thread that one member had in wich he discussed the "lane spliltting" concept to an officer who told him he could not... in wich he asked if two bikes ride side by side is that illegal...answer was no...asked if bike bike going beside a car was illegal...answer was yes... asked if two bikes wich are two registered vehicles are can share a lane...where is it illegal where one is a registered as a car...

This is one law in Virginia that every state should adopt.

Traffic Actuated Signals - Motorcycles may move with caution through non-responsive red lights after the shorter two complete cycles or 120 seconds; 46.2-833. Traffic lights; penalty, B.

Back