State has no Money !

NINJA KILLER

JUST CRUISN '
Donating Member
Registered
Well All , After 2 long months All employees of the State of Kansas are finally getting told that the State might not be able to pay every employee because they are broke. We have been told that State was considering Cutting Hours , Cutting Pay & the possibility of Furlow's. As it looks now The Maintenance side ( Highway Workers ) of Kdot is the first to get the cuts. I don't know how bad it will be but I know that there will be alot of Families going without all essentials necessary to survive short of some kind of agreement between the Governor & State Legislation in Kansas. I really hope that they take a Long Hard Look at making the best possible agreement to keep all happy. Now, I know everybody is suffering in one way or another & that I am not the first, but sooner or later this has got to stop. Sorry to Vent , I am getting tired of Busting my Back for a job that don't seem to care about the little guy that keeps the Highways safe for all of the Traveling Public while risking OUR LIVES for little pay & appreciation. :banghead::banghead:

Hate to hear more of this stuff.

Seen this morning where one state is delaying state income refunds (over paid taxes) due to no $$.

Thoughts are with you Bob.

Don't know what to say, Bob. A bad situation all the way around. Hopefully it will get resolved soon.

State of California is sucking. Since they did not come to an agreement on the budget last night the governator is handing out 22,000 pink slips to state workers today.

The federal government gives 350 million dollars to banks to bail them out and we see nothing from it.

Seems to me the government should have used that bailout money to help the states keep employees employed. 22,000 state employees out of work in California alone is going to suck.

Oh yeah, to save money they still plan on releasing 40% of prisoners

So lets see, 22,000 state employees on the streets looking for jobs

However many criminals 40% equals back on the streets looking for work.

Sounds like a bad movie

That sucks, Bob. I know up here the DOT is already lining up jobs just waiting for the handout from the Feds.. but who knows how long that will actually take to get to them. Keep your spirits up & I will pray for the best for you!

People might have to cut back to ONE cell phone, ONE car and rabbit ears instead of cable, satelite.

Let the rebalancing of reality begin.
I'm not making fun of the issue, I'm dead serious

and I'm not talking about your personal situation, NINJAK, just generalizing

Last edited:
State of California is sucking. Since they did not come to an agreement on the budget last night the governator is handing out 22,000 pink slips to state workers today.

The federal government gives 350 million dollars to banks to bail them out and we see nothing from it.

Seems to me the government should have used that bailout money to help the states keep employees employed. 22,000 state employees out of work in California alone is going to suck.

Sounds like a bad movie

The State of Kansas has about 45,000 employees & I don't think that they could hand out that many pink slips & still function in a orderly way but you never know.

Sorry to hear the crappy news. I'm pissed because I probably won't get a tax return from Kansas this year but that pails in comparison to potentially losing your job.

Sounds like a bad movie
seems just handing out money to the state is the wrong thing to do.. CA has put itself into this spot by trying to regulate every aspect of everyone's life.. They taxed me to death when I lived there and gave little back except headaches..

They need to fix the machine first IMHO.. they are just to governmental..

Just heard we laid off more people today.:banghead:

We laid off about 50% during holidays...another 20% last month......

Man....I hope this turns around for all of us.

Well, that's what happens when Politicians Spend more than they bring in ! Now you would think that would be a NO BRAINER ! Okla is having a $650,000,000 short fall, but will not have to cut any payroll. So how do they do it ? They are cutting social programs. Of course, and I don't know about Kansas, Oklahoma is a MANDITORY BALANCE Budget State. Unlike Kal-e-phon-i-a :laugh: . Which ticks me off when Cal wants the rest of the Nation to BAIL THEM OUT, but not reduce their spending :sneaky2:

These clowns are having to Pay Now, just like loads of people who just kept buying and charging. So, Does anyone else see what's instore for the NATION with this SPENDING BILL, Osama and the Dems just passed :whistle:

Back