Someone please tell me this is BS!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I just heard on the morning news that our neighboring State of Oregon (I live in Washington) was given a billion dollars of the stimulus money from the Feds.

Now keep in mind, this money is tax payer money (We do have to pay back the loan from China, you know) which we were told would create new jobs in America. It seems the state of Oregon is investing 75% of their billion bucks into hiring new permanent government employees!

Someone please tell me this is a hoax! :please:

Swelling the size of government with this stimulus money. These people are being told the jobs are permanent. Who will pay these employee when the stimulus runs dry?

awww come on now... one should "liberally" spread the green around the in the liberal way...

ooops I mean
orway_logo_80x80.jpg

I could sure use some friggin stimulus!

Need to pay off some bills, buy some slicks and Mr. Busa has been asking for a Throttle Miester for nearly two years.....

Give it to me, I'll dam*ed sure stimulate the economy cause I'll buy some stuff:beerchug:

I don't know for sure, but I thogjt the stimulus money to the states had to be used for projects, not current operations or salaries. There was a big stink in STL over using stimulous money to keep the meto alive.

What happened to the no politics threads rule?
Posted via Mobile Device
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes ya' just have to say something...........

If the government really wanted to stimulate the economy, they would have allowed us to have a full pay check(tax free) for at least six months, that would have had more effect to stimulate the economy...instead of paying back all the campain contributors i.e. ACORN ect... :banghead: :cursin:

If the government really wanted to stimulate the economy, they would have allowed us to have a full pay check(tax free) for at least six months, that would have had more effect to stimulate the economy...instead of paying back all the campain contributors i.e. ACORN ect... :banghead: :cursin:

ya think ? :poke:

War and national security is expensive...buddy system contracts etc...pay for intel...hush money...now that the dollar is questionable the std...that stands to be a huge investment for the ultra rich...

half sarcastic + half blinders on

Well.... Since I am in Oregon and just as disgusted by this whole deal, if there is any particular politician you feel needs a swift kick in the arse just let me know :whistle:

Back