La state speeding record:

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
LIVINGSTON, La. (AP) — A motorcyclist has been given a couple of days to think about the record he set — at least in the minds of state troopers.

Brian Samuel Willis, 20, was clocked zooming down Interstate 12 on Sunday at 155 miles per hour — more than two times the speed limit 70, state police said.

"That may be the fastest of all-time in the state," said Trooper Ryan Riley of Troop A. "I can't confirm it, but I don't think anyone has ever gotten anybody at 155. The fastest I know of is like 144."

Riley said he was traveling westbound about 6 p.m. when he got the motorcycle in his radar. Maneuvering his vehicle to the other side of the interstate, Riley tried to follow Willis, but the black Yamaha R6 ducked off the roadway onto state highway 441 and traveled south to state highway 42, Riley said.

At that point, Livingston Parish sheriff's deputies and Springfield police chased Willis back toward Riley, who made the arrest, he said.

"He pulled over once he saw all of us, without incident," Riley said. "He just said he didn't think he was going that fast and he didn't know we were behind him. He thought he was only doing 120 or 130."

Willis motorcycle was impounded and he was booked for reckless operation of a vehicle, flight from an officer and speeding, Riley said.

"The judge refused to set the bond until Tuesday," Riley said. "I think she is going to let him spend a few days in jail."

Repost
sad.gif

Always curious-- about speeding in area's-- no kid's, no driveways, nobody to injure , but self maybe--- is it a MORAL crime or just a plain Ol Law-- yea yea a law is a law---But What?? Any Leo's want to respond....................................Give us a break if it is possible out in he middle of nowhere-- what's the harm-- Oh yea the Law
rock.gif
Ps i NEVER speed in neihborhoods-- or in town.... But out in the Boonies--- should we go to jail for 200 out in the middle of nowhere. I don't think so considering how much crap is going on in WORLD. Pss if i see a car coming the other way i ALWAYS back it down-- only a clear shot is acceptable... Well??
mad.gif

Always curious-- about speeding in area's-- no kid's, no driveways, nobody to injure , but self maybe--- is it a MORAL crime or just a plain Ol Law-- yea yea a law is a law---But What?? Any Leo's want to respond....................................Give us a break if it is possible out in he middle of nowhere-- what's the harm-- Oh yea the Law      
rock.gif
 Ps i NEVER speed in neihborhoods-- or in town.... But out in the Boonies--- should we go to jail for 200 out in the middle of nowhere. I don't think so considering how much crap is going on in WORLD. Pss if i see a car coming the other way i ALWAYS back it down-- only a clear shot is acceptable... Well??  
mad.gif
Agreed.

Come on gang don't be shy--- Speeding is expencive--and worth it if speeding in the wrong place.
If it's just you out in the boonies--I know theres more to this--- Is it fair to your loved ones that you do this maybe once or twice a year? I scan the area before going nut's [Ha]--no really --ride the five miles checking for big animals--- always wonder about hitting a big Rabitt at a buck eighty-
rock.gif

Well, he got some balls that's for sure...by the time he get 30? will get alot smarter...(then he prolly got the busas then)
argue.gif

I admit I speed when no one is around and I know that there is no streets for cars to pull out in front of me. I'm from around where this guy was and it is extremely congested at all times. He got lucky. I haven't seen this story on the news. I'll have to check the paper.

Back