Starter switch wiring.

BusaBuggy

Registered
I’m at the wiring portion of a build it’s a buggy with a 2013 hayabusa engine and harness. I bought the bike wrecked and all the wires for the right handle bar were ripped out. I have the mode select wires figured out but not sure about the starter button. If anyone has one of these switches laying around and could rake a picture of the wiring to the switch it would help a ton

image.jpg

Capture.JPG

Ok ... let's do this :)

* Circled in RED: This is engine kill or stop/run if you will.

* Circled in DARK BLUE: This is a connection for the lighting circuit. On the switch it's N/C and goes open when you push the starter button. It shuts the lights of when cranking the engine to give all the power to the starter motor. (Well here in Aus it does as the headlight is on as soon as you turn the key)

* Circled in GREEN is the start button. It's a momentary switch. Push to start. The skinny yellow/green trace goes to the starter relay on the +ve side.

* The Orange/white trace is joined in the loom and also has a feed that goes off to the bike wiring loom.
I tried to show that with the really yuk light blue

Hope that helps

Last edited:
That’s exactly what I needed to know, thank you very much for your help. I’m sure I’ll be running into more issues as this harness is a mess. If I do I’ll post them in here. And again thank you it’s much appreciated.

Back