STARTED STRIPPING WHEELS

05BUSABLU

Donating Member
Registered
WELL i got started on stripping the outters, i will paint to match the inners when she is painted. got lots of work left, but i thought i might see what you think?

100_1238.jpg

Looks good, i was thinking of getting the outers polished and the inners and hub powder coated but don't know how well the burning copper metalic would look in a powder coat. Always looks good to have matching wheels and it is cheaper than chrome.

and it weighs so much less than chrome, that shiat is heavy, i really started to get down and dirty on polishing the outter now. stated with 800 wet and will end up at 2000 wet by the weekend

I did that on my ZX12...never again.... once they get spotted from water stains or wheel cleaner....it really hard to clean again. A lot of maintenance.
smile.gif

I like it. I've always done this to all of my bikes. I have chrome wheels on the busa now...only because I came across a good deal.

I did that on my ZX12...never again.... once they get spotted from water stains or wheel cleaner....it really hard to clean again.  A lot of maintenance.  
smile.gif
On My 1100 everyting is polished, And ill never go back to it. It looks great till it gets wet no matter what you do to it!!!!!

I have done this to all of my bikes as well. I learned after the first one like DevilDog said it is a pain in the butt. Now when I do it, I strip the wheels and polish them without sanding. It still has a good shine to it with the little ridges, but the maintenance is much easier. It obviously doesnt shine like a sanded wheel but I am happy with the way they look. I will post some pics later.

Back