start up sound

sheriffandy

Registered
I just got my first busa andI am wondering if what I am experiencing is normal or not. I have began noticing that the tone you hear beafore you start the bike when you first turn it on is on all the time. THe othere day at work I got off after it sat all day and it was dead and I am wondring if these could be related. I have a completely stock 2003, with about 6500 miles.

Andy

Original battery ? Have it tested. Batteries typically last three years if well maintained.

That whine sound when you turn the ignition on is the fuel pump priming... it makes that sound all the time after you start the bike... thats normal...

Yeah it whines all the time.... Except if you are haveing problems like me... ARRGGHH
AAAssjani.gif

Ok great guys thanks just wasnt sure if I should be able to hear it. Yeah its the original battery so I will get it checked. I appriciate all of the help.

Andy

(gstspeedster @ Apr. 24 2007,11:53) Yeah it whines all the time.... Except if you are haveing problems like me... ARRGGHH
AAAssjani.gif
But dude, you've got an extended warranty. My bike would be in the shop
tounge.gif

(dadofthree @ Apr. 24 2007,09:19)
(gstspeedster @ Apr. 24 2007,11:53) Yeah it whines all the time.... Except if you are haveing problems like me... ARRGGHH
AAAssjani.gif
But dude, you've got an extended warranty. My bike would be in the shop  
tounge.gif
Already set up the appointment..!!
beerchug.gif

Back