Stands for the Hayabusa

Corso1

Registered
All-

Anyone have some good advice on a safe and quality swingarm stand for the Busa? I want something very secure for my 04 so that I can change the rear tire, make adjustments etc. a bit easier. Which spools are you guys using? I can't afford to spend a fortune, but I am looking for a decent set up. Anyone using front end stands?

Thanks-

Corso

I have pitbulls but they are a bit pricey! My Busa has been up on them for the last two weeks while I have been gone.

Redline stands.  They are a sponsor here.  Smithers Customs (also a sponsor) threw some spools on Luci while he had her for some other work. I'm not sure what brand, but they match the swingarm and were inexpensive.

100_4674__Medium_.JPG

i've tried alot of different stands, and have ended up using only the pitbull stands. i like the quality and most other stands have a shorter handle which makes it harder to lift the bike up. your local dealer should have spools in stock. get the longer spools as its easier to get the bike on a stand by yourself.

need some too would it be possible to put a bike stands while on carpet cause thsi would be in my apartment

I also use pitbulls, but I'd advise against getting the forklift 'conversion' front stand, as I have to take off my fender every time I want to lift the front end (the folks who designed the 'conversion' obviously didn't consider the busa's front fender dimensions). I work in Iraq, so my bike is typically on stands for 4-6 months at a time in the garage. I use generic delrin spools that I got from the stealership.

I've had my pit bull stand for years. I tried using the front stand, but it doesn't work well on a lowered bike.

If I recall, the spools are 8 mm...

$9.99 Delrin spools from ebay.

Handystands front/rear for me. $89.99 + shipping for both. Haven't used the front yet.

Seems as though this question gets asked at least a time or two each week. Hate to sound like an azz, but the search feature is working.

Redline stands. They are a sponsor here. Smithers Customs (also a sponsor) threw some spools on Luci while he had her for some other work. I'm not sure what brand, but they match the swingarm and were inexpensive.
Hey Dennis,
I wasn't sure if he had spools on his bike or not. I do not have them, and that was the reason I recommended the Fly-n-Cycle stands to him. They fit under the swing arm and are very stable. The price is right too. Too bad they aren't one of our sponsors...
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
spank.gif

Jim

Back