stand ups on a busa

(hionbusa @ Sep. 17 2006,21:30)
(AaronG @ Sep. 17 2006,17:52) I love stand-ups.  Been pulling them up in second then riding them to redline.  Still trying to find that precious balance point.  Here are some pictures.  The guy taking them either snapped it to early or to late but you get the idea.  Hope to get some better ones soon.  And of course, full gear.

Pics
ncie aaron ,

do you lift the bike is 2nd or 3rd.

i can done seating wheelies for couple seconds but i m trying to learn how to do them standing up balancing passenger peg/ride peg.
All I do is give it a little bounce in second and roll on the throttle.  Don't pull.  Let the bike come to you.  Lastnight I was trying to get it up in third with not much luck.  Might have to clutch it.  But I did get close to the balance point.  It felt real stable at some places.  I just don't want to get to comfortable and lose it. We also got a bit a video. I'll have to see if I can get it from them.

Doing wheelies is very addictive at the least.Before you can gain any skills,you need to have balls.
I am scheduled for on one wheel (wheelie school) on October 12th in New Jersey...
Whoo hoo

I can do sit downs easy, but the bike tends to get a high speed wobble and almost wants to fall over sometimes when i do those. I can bring it up in 2nd, shift to 3rd, 4th, and ride it out over 140 mph on one wheel
smile.gif
standups, havent really ventured to those too much. Tried to do a 3rd gear standup but couldnt get it up to the balance point after a couple attempts and said screw it.

(heavybusa @ Sep. 17 2006,22:30) not for me but fun to watch.
+1 I use to try wheelie's on my dirt bike and that usually wound up with me running behind it trying not to throw it to the ground..

i used to do them all the time on my busa before i got a new swingarm. The balance point is lower on a busa.

did some stand ups on the way from work last night. One of the easiest ways to bring the bike up on the rear tire, imo.

Back