Busa with a center stand?

CaBusaGirl

Donating Member
Registered
This could not be factory... could it? ??? I don't think I have ever seen a Busa with a center stand. No room for belly pan...

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa - BMW K1100RS - Honda ACE 750

IMG_4891.JPG

It's a option and won't fit unless you remove the wing...somebody was selling a stand here recently.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its a factory option sold at dealerships. They tryed to sell me one when I bought mine but new they are around $200 and as mentioned, you have to lose the underwing. I said no. But there are times I wish I had it!

Bellywing, I don't need no stinkin' bellywing... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

2008 catalog part # 42100-24821 list is $134.95 fits up to 2007 models. I installed one on my 01' Busa. I do a lot of longer distance rides and the chances for a flat out somewhere are greater and the ability to get help infrequent so I opted for the center stand. Great for repairs, rear wheel removal, chain adjusting and cleaning. It will take you a while to install especially the "long" bolt.

I thought they were standard on early models, seems ive seen more early ones with thme than the later models. Great option, a stand,:moon: why not a Turbo option:whistle:

I installed mine myself,it takes some time,you have to loosen the bolts on the exhaust to swing the entire exhaust system just a little bit .However, I love having my centre stand.I use it EVERY time i clean the bike and when i park it in a public place.I wud NOT want to be without mine!!!

I had one on my Kawi but took it off to shave weight. I kinda wish I had another one now. :poke: Made things so much easier.

I think it adds too much weight. I just use a swing arm stand to clean my chain.

I think it adds too much weight. I just use a swing arm stand to clean my chain.

The weight and arodynamics where the main reasons I didnt get one. But I gotta say, theres plenty of times I wish I did....especially when I have to park on gravel or on a dirt pulloff, or doing maintanance. That center stand made things alot easier on my katana.

I have a quick stand to prop up my back end.. Quick Stand.

I had to remove the rear stand on my XX as I would drag it on turns, they reduce ground clearance. So I wouldn't put one on the Busa.

Nothing to add about the center stand that hasn't been said....but I do think that is a really reasonable price for that '04 Busa. Looks clean :thumbsup:

I had one on my Gen I and I miss it. I d lots of long distance riding--came in handy for chain lubes. Yes--it may add a little weight--but I never noticed it on a 'busa!

I had it on my busa.Its much stable to park especially on slopes.Good for cleaning and lubing of chain and the rear rim too.It isnt like a rear stand and etc.You cant bring it to wherever it goes with you.Theres a slight difference with the belly pan and 1 without in the speedometer too.5km/hr.I had it for 5 years never regret it.:thumbsup:

Back