Sprokets?

busabru

Never Forgotten
I recently rode with two other busa owner here in SC. They had done 3 teeth up in the rear and one down in the front. If i wanted to do this how many teeth sprokets would i want to get. Would i have to get a new chain? Which one would you suggest?

Thanks in advance! I search but could not find what i was looking for.

busabru, I've been searching the same question.  How much effect did the sprockets have on the other bikes?  I'm sure they were quicker off the line, but could they wheelie at slower speeds?

16/42 seems to be the most popular. Much better low end and you wont lose too much off the top end. Makes it really hyper in the lower gears. And you don't need to replace/lenthen the chain with this combo.

David

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134680253 -->

GO 16 T00TH VORTEX IN THE FRONT.

<!--EDIT|JROCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136574263 -->

Stock gearing is 17/40 (17 tooth front sprocket, 40 tooth rear sprocket). If your buddies went 1 down, 3 up they are running 16/43. I think that's a slight overkill, but that's just me. As Goldwanger said, 16/42 is pretty popular. For those at dragstrip 17/43 seems to work pretty well, but occasionally they drop to 16/43.

If your gonna run 16/43 why not unstress your chain and buy one sprocket if a new bike or both if a used bike with a new chain.go 17/46 as it will be the same,with less chain stress.

Try PBI brand Sprockets and ek zvx2 chain.130 link should be a good recipe.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134684107 -->

busabru, I've been searching the same question.  How much effect did the sprockets have on the other bikes?  I'm sure they were quicker off the line, but could they wheelie at slower speeds?
the only wheelie one guy pulled up on was on the interstate so im not sure. it was my first time riding with them. The rolling burn outs buy grabing the throttle with no clutch was pretty impressive i thought.

has anybody heard of tranny problems by going to a 16t sprocket??? i called about a 16/42 setup and the guy tried to steer me away from the 16t to avoid trans concerns. ant help will be appreciated.

what r the top speed differences between 17/40 and 16/42. i dont play in the top end MUCH.. but i do like to go there every now and again. i jus tpassed 10k miles and am going to do abunch of mods including sprockets and chain and not sure if i wanna keep the stock gearing or not.

Back