Sprocket question!!!

rekeene

Registered
I just bought two vortex sprockets one for the front and rear...the stock set up for the gen 2 is 18 in front and 43 in rear...I went down to 17 and up to 45...what does this do to my bikes performance...Thanks

well it will power wheelie in second gear... I run this gearing on the short tracks I have been running so I can keep the bike in 3rd except for the main straight.. not the most fuel efficient gearing but certainly a lot of fun :)

almost like loosing 6th gear on the top end.. (and gaining granny gear)

17/40 is stock for Gen1

it pulls quite a bit harder through the gears and alot better in 6th at highway speeds. throws your speedo even further out though. i havent paced mine yet but im indicating 80 and keeping up with traffic in a 65. waiting on my speedohealer now.

It will make the bike pull harder through the gears but take away top end speed.

well it will power wheelie in second gear... I run this gearing on the short tracks I have been running so I can keep the bike in 3rd except for the main straight.. not the most fuel efficient gearing but certainly a lot of fun :)

almost like loosing 6th gear on the top end.. (and gaining granny gear)

17/40 is stock for Gen1

Just playing with this yesterday.
Check this - it works well:

http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/gearing_v12.xls

and another:

Motorcycle gear/rpm/speed calculator

it pulls quite a bit harder through the gears and alot better in 6th at highway speeds. throws your speedo even further out though. i havent paced mine yet but im indicating 80 and keeping up with traffic in a 65. waiting on my speedohealer now.

Thanks for the replies! Now I know what i'm getting myself into! I should have asked before i bought it! lol...but I'm happy with the set up from what you guys explained! Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Back