sportbiketracktime.com

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
We are looking at a few different track schools and planning on doing a few track days this spring/summer. We were first looking at cornerspeed.net and those guys because a friend had went there in the past. I started researching a little more and came across www.sportbiketracktime.com and they seem to be about 1/2 the price for their events.

All the specifics seem about the same to me, just wondered if anybody had any real experience with either/or a different company that you'd like to share with me.

we are looking at possibly the VIR short course in March thru cornerspeed, and maybe the full course VIR thru sportbiketracktime in June in case anybody is interested in joining us.

The sportbiketracktime is so much cheaper that you could do the saturday/sunday for about the same as the saturday only on cornerspeed.net

whachutink?

I have rode with them a couple of times. Monti and gang run a good ship. I have a couple of friends that are control riders for them as well. You will have a good time.

Marc

Thanks Marc!

Coming from a veteran of the site that I know has had good info before really puts my mind at ease about going with the cheaper option.

You got any idea why cornerspeed.net is so much higher per day?

I posted my experience with sportbiketracktime last spring. I had a terrible time, pure_ego. I thought I was attending a school but Monti's operation is not structured organizationally or philosophically as a school. If so the name would be something like sportbiketrackSCHOOL, but alas is not.

How did it fail me, let me count the ways:
1. I did not know how to hang off the bike, expecting to be taught how to do it with gradual loving nudging. But every rider there, even those in the lowest novice group, group 6, knew how to do it already. So the pace for even this lowest level was way too fast for me and there was no way I was going to learn to hang off at that speed.

2. There is little instruction, otherwise the 'control rider' would be called an 'INSTRUCTOR'. He ripped around the track, hanging off to the left, hanging off to the right, followed by his novice6 ducklings, hanging off to the left, etc., while I, the Ugly Duckling, brought up the increasingly lenghtening rear, white-knuckled and doing my Harley lean.

3. After the first debacle, er...session, I complained about this, whereupon the control rider agreed to move some of the ringers up into a higher 'novice' level (they could all kick Valentino Rossi's ass, I swear), and to slow down the pace. In all fairness he tried to do this on the next session, but after a lap his bike broke and he left us alone on the track with the other 'novice' riders.......about 75 of them. I wasn't about to stay out there, being way out of my league, so I bailed after a few laps in the second session and went home, forfeiting the bulk of the first and all of the second day, I hated it that much.

4. Oh by the way. sportbiketracktime's skill grouping has nothing, I repeat nothing, to do with rider skill. It has to do with how willing a rider is to race prep his/her bike. Higher levels require more wiring etc, in order to ride without having to follow a control rider, being allowed to pass on turns etc. Too many experienced and fast riders don't have their bikes prepped, and choose to be novices. Why not, all 6 novice groups are out there at the same time, all going triple digits speed.

5. When I approached Monti and asked him if I could credit the second day to some future time, like after I learned how to hang off and corner faster from someone else, he said no, that I would forfeit the money. So I WILL NEVER ATTEND ANOTHER SPORTBIKETRACKTIME EVENT, and I plan to attend a number of track schools/sessions each and every year, starting with a May NESBA school and then the California Superbike School.

Back